Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim Seth
  • 1 Post By Jim Seth
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Find my phone !!

Hi,

I am new to android world and coming from iphone (used all gen until now), firstly I bought s4 but then somehow settled with One. It's a great phone but I have few points to state which I have not been able to find answers for.

1. In iphone and s4 it easy to locate your phone incase if you loose it, but I have tried to set up isense account and have not been able to find anything in regards to same, I am aware there are app like plan B but my question is isn't this service provided by HTC ??

2. Music player widget: I am aware of inbuilt music app provided by htc and google music but I rely on folders for music instead of playlists, in google music (which does have music widget) there is no option to search folders as it shows all the songs, however in the native app one can search folders but again there is no music widget to control it, also I can't find any option to change or set equalizers, I am aware of app such as pro player in which all the options are available, but why can't we have all these options on native app ??

3. Notification bar: I have realized one major difference between s4 and one in regards to handling app is that when you open any app in s4 and you receive notification you simple swipe on top (landscape and normal mode) you can see the notification bar, that way you dont have to close the app and still can see the new msg, chat etc., but in one it is not possible ?? is that something to do with isense vs touchwiz ??

4. Alarm: there is not option to choose custom ringtone for alarm ??

I am using nova launcher so please advice if t has to do anything with above stated points.

Thanks a lot !!
    Grizzly_Atoms likes this.
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Default Re: Find my phone !!

1.Best security program for finding lost / stolen phones would be Cerberus imo!!! If you are rooted it also opens up more options

2. Well that would be a question to ask HTC since they made the player. If you want folder searches and eqs etc...check out PowerAmp!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Rndomuser View Post
    HTC does not provide location services... Just download any antimalware programs, most of them can do it. I prefer Lookout, but you should try others too. You should use such program anyway - Google is not very thorough when checking submitted apps for their own Play Store.

As for your third question - I do not understand... When I use any apps - I can still "slide down" notification bar, check all alerts/notifications, then "slide up" without closing the currently running application...

As for alarm - I can use different alarm sounds and use any music track for it... Not sure what you mean by "custom ringtone"
    Thanks a lot !!

I am going to try lookout.

As for apps I will suggest some names and try these apps you can't access notification bar while app is running for example Zynga Poker, Real Racing, Pool Bar etc., however when I was using these same apps on S4 I was able to access notification bar but on One I can't. Is there a setting I might be missing ??

For alarm now I can access custom sound and music, looks like I am new and have a lot to catch up..lol..

Thanks again for your reply !!
    nancybout likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    1.Best security program for finding lost / stolen phones would be Cerberus imo!!! If you are rooted it also opens up more options

2. Well that would be a question to ask HTC since they made the player. If you want folder searches and eqs etc...check out PowerAmp!!
    Thanks a lot for your reply I am going to check out both the apps you have suggested !!

SeekDroid
    is a good application to track and if necessary, wipe your smartphone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Cerberus app is my favorite phone locator. Great web accessible dashboard that gives many options including phone tracking, take a picture or video with front or rear camera, record audio, enable a security lock pin remotely, get call logs and full sms logs, and even perform a screen shot remotely if rooted. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but it also performs perfectly well as a wife tracker if you have a wife that isn't so well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Seth View Post
    Hi,

I am new to android world and coming from iphone (used all gen until now), firstly I bought s4 but then somehow settled with One. It's a great phone but I have few points to state which I have not been able to find answers for.

1. In iphone and s4 it easy to locate your phone incase if you loose it, but I have tried to set up isense account and have not been able to find anything in regards to same, I am aware there are app like plan B but my question is isn't this service provided by HTC ??

2. Music player widget: I am aware of inbuilt music app provided by htc and google music but I rely on folders for music instead of playlists, in google music (which does have music widget) there is no option to search folders as it shows all the songs, however in the native app one can search folders but again there is no music widget to control it, also I can't find any option to change or set equalizers, I am aware of app such as pro player in which all the options are available, but why can't we have all these options on native app ??

3. Notification bar: I have realized one major difference between s4 and one in regards to handling app is that when you open any app in s4 and you receive notification you simple swipe on top (landscape and normal mode) you can see the notification bar, that way you dont have to close the app and still can see the new msg, chat etc., but in one it is not possible ?? is that something to do with isense vs touchwiz ??

4. Alarm: there is not option to choose custom ringtone for alarm ??

I am using nova launcher so please advice if t has to do anything with above stated points.

Thanks a lot !!
    You are correct about number 3 being a key difference between the S4 and One. Hopefully HTC will address it in an update soon or maybe it's a feature of 4.2.4 where the One does not yet run.

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts

For music, do check out Music Player (Remix). It has player controls that are highly configurable in Notifications, or within any running app by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Not free, but worth every penny! I'm not the dev, but enjoyed his original app on webOS, and it's even better now!
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by DavidsTech View Post
    SeekDroid
    is a good application to track and if necessary, wipe your smartphone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks a lot will surely look into it !!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Cerberus app is my favorite phone locator. Great web accessible dashboard that gives many options including phone tracking, take a picture or video with front or rear camera, record audio, enable a security lock pin remotely, get call logs and full sms logs, and even perform a screen shot remotely if rooted. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but it also performs perfectly well as a wife tracker if you have a wife that isn't so well behaved.
    Rofl..that was a gud one !!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    You are correct about number 3 being a key difference between the S4 and One. Hopefully HTC will address it in an update soon or maybe it's a feature of 4.2.4 where the One does not yet run.
    Keeping fingers crossed and looking forward for the update soon :-)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    For music, do check out Music Player (Remix). It has player controls that are highly configurable in Notifications, or within any running app by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Not free, but worth every penny! I'm not the dev, but enjoyed his original app on webOS, and it's even better now!
    Great !! going to download now !!
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC