Omg! Stop saying the one looks like the iphone 5!!!!!!

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple themselves have confirmed that there is absolutely no resemblance between the devices simply by the fact that they haven't tried to sue HTC for $$$billions.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Apple themselves have confirmed that there is absolutely no resemblance between the devices simply by the fact that they haven't tried to sue HTC for $$$billions.

But didn't the One come out after Apple and HTC had that deal thing?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There's one apparent difference between the HTC One and the iPhone 5, the former device is more durable than the latter. (HTC One is anodized aluminum while iPhone 5 is just.....aluminum.)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's one apparent difference between the HTC One and the iPhone 5, the former device is more durable than the latter. (HTC One is anodized aluminum while iPhone 5 is just.....aluminum.)

The iPhone 5 is anodized as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I think he's trying to make a point that most apple fans will buy anything from Apple simply because it's apple. Which really is true.
Not for the reasons you may think. The build quality of the iPhone is really amazing. There is no argument about that. I didn't buy a iPhone for other reasons, none of which had to do with the phone itself. Those that love technology appreciate Apple. The new Mac Pro is going to be simply amazing, and I'm really looking forward to using maverick too. In any regard, what someone else buys shouldn't have any effect over non-Apple customers. I think it's funny how they get all hot and bothered over Apple.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Surprised Apple hasn't sued HTC for "infringing" on their rounded corners patient.... Lmao Apple is a joke

Posted via Android Central App

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Surprised Apple hasn't sued HTC for "infringing" on their rounded corners patient....
It's clear that you don't understand how patients work. There's not a single android fanboy who wouldn't do exactly as Apple has IF they actually had a patient to protect. LOL....

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It's clear that you don't understand how patients work. There's not a single android fanboy who wouldn't do exactly as Apple has IF they actually had a patient to protect. LOL....

It's pretty clear you have no idea how patents work.
Patents are there to help protect IP which cost money to research and develop this protection was afforded mostly to help innovation and to protect the little guy, NOT to patent something as silly as a screen, speaker, and button combination.
Lastly patents do not have to be enforced and used in a manner to inhibit innovation or progress in a market place. In other words you shouldn't hog the patents for your own use, they should be licensed. This falls under unfair business practices for the most part specially for something as silly as a simple design concept, how Apple has been able to avoid getting charged for unfair business practices reeks of bureaucracy and very expensive legal departments. (This is evident in their lawyers quitting- lawyers DON'T quit unless unsavory practices are going on).

And to answer your question: No they honestly wouldn't for something as silly as a design. Most of the times they want royalties, not to impede sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21