Omg! Stop saying the one looks like the iphone 5!!!!!!

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes they are both made out of aluminum but THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE! THEY DON'T FEEL ALIKE! THEY ARE BARELY EVEN SIMILAR! The only thing that is similar is the aluminum.

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes they are both made out of aluminum but THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE! THEY DON'T FEEL ALIKE! THEY ARE BARELY EVEN SIMILAR! The only thing that is similar is the aluminum.

Why are we yelling? And who are we yelling at?

I'm a proud One owner, and yet, I'll admit this much: minus subtle styling choices, all smart-phones look roughly the same; roughly rectangular, a screen on the front. Some buttons somewhere, or maybe not, and this goes back to well before the iPhone, too. Here's another secret: manufacturers (of any device, not just phones but any consumer electronic, cars, etc) see something they like in one design, "borrow" from it, improve on it. So what if our Ones do or don't look like iPhones--you own the phone, you know you like it, and really, that's all that matters.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Exactly ! Who cares even if its copy so enjoy your one its great piece of gadget

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For real? I love the One's design, but the first thing I noticed was the chamfered and polished aluminum edges. I'm not suggesting that HTC copied Apple, since that would have been difficult. But they do certainly bear some similarities.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Its like saying BMW copied Mercedes Benz just because they both run on 4 wheels :(

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Come on. Open your eyes people. The One is an exact copy of the iphone 5!!!

Iphone has a flat back and the One's curved. The iphones speakers are on the bottom and the One's on the front facing you. Iphone's power button is on the side and the One's on the top. Iphone has nothing but a button on the bottom bezel and the One has a home, back, and a huge HTC logo on the bottom bezel. Heaphone jack is at opposite ends of the phone.

See the similarities keep stacking up regardless whether they are aluminum or not. Honestly, I'm surprised Apple hasn't sued yet!

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Wait, what?

The One looks like a iPhone?

What's an iPhone?

This is iphone
6arupuze.jpg

anon(6083013)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If you ask me, there is similarities in all smartphones, their all elongated, some have aluminium, others are made of plastic, some have different curves and tweaks, some have a physical home button while others don't have and i could go on for a while. That is just what i think, the question is just what you prefer to use and what fall in your taste.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
There are definite similarities between the two. See AC's article here (in particular look at the pix): HTC One versus the iPhone 5 | Android Central
OK so they're both aluminum, but aside from that? I mean, you have to realize that there are many design elements that are common among the majority of mainstream phones out there today. Once you set those aside then you have what really matters, home button placement, number of buttons, screen activation button placement, speaker placement, screen size, screen aspect ratio, etc. When you look at those things, the ones that really matter, there's no comparison.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There's one thing left unknown about thus thread... who is the OP talking to?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7