HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

wow, i am surprised at how many "my phone is not charging" problems there are. well, let me add another. my phone worked perfect yesterday. put it on the charger last night. this morning and im at 37%. and going down. i restarted my phone and i there was a message saying it could not charge as i was using to much power. wtf? i have no open apps. i checked my running apps and nothing out of the ordinary. well i had to go to work. i get to work and plug it in there and wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles my stupid phone starts charging. i did nothing except plug it in to samsung wall unit and cable. that is the only different thing i did. sometimes i hate technology.

Navneet Kumar3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(....

htc made me do the wipe cache stuff.after that phone charged for sometime then again usb hotspot issue. is thgerea any permanent fix

Tjerdroid

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I've just registered to help you guys out, because this problem was driving me crazy.

I typed this long story, but it won't let me post it. So here's the short version: i'm convinced the only and real cause is a dirty usb port/connector. I've had all the problems mentioned in this thread and tried everything (all the solutions I've read in this thread and on the internet like cache wipe, resetting the charge mode, holding butons etc.). Nothing worked permanent. So i've also read about spraying contactspray (electronic connector cleaner) into the usb port to clean the port.

I taped my phone in to protect it and sprayed the contact cleaner into the port, waited a half an hour and tested it. I've repeated the proces like 3 times and saw some improvements, but still not perfect. So I went to sleep and since the next morning everything was working perfect again and still does. So I think the spray needs some more time to clean everything properly. I also rubbed with a needle to clean the dirt in the port, but I don't no if that is needed.

So it starts charging directly now when I plug my charger in, my computer recognizes the phone again, no usb host mode error anymore etc.

Off course you can replace the usb port, but I've read that you also need to replace the motherboard in that case.

Good luck everybody with your phone.

Zoltan_Balint

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The last guy is right. I've been battling the same problem for 3week. I sent my phone twice to the repair center. Got some parts replaced but after a day or two the problems came back. The third time i was really frustrated and in one last ditch attempt i started cleaning the usb port with a syringe needle. Guess what? It works like a charm now. Turns out it was corroded (green thing-copper oxide i guess)

Guxim Kam

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank You pvu 912, this solution worked for me, by the way i'm using a Htc One (M7) so all M7 users should try this solution.

I hope this will work for all of you.

Best regards

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the issue of my HTC only charging when in fastboot mode or (sporadically) when turned off. Also it wasn't recognising ADB. I eventually sent it off for repair, only for it to be returned as I'd unlocked the boot loader. I'm OK with that return though. Its fair enough, but this is the last in-warranty phone I unlock.

Anyway I solved the problem by cleaning the USB port with Vinegar (I read about it somewhere). I left it an hour and it suddenly started working!

Been OK since

Minal Jahangir

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
ok so, this has happened to me a couple of times. and every time it happened it was become the battery wasnt caliberated or some nonsense. My htc one wasnt under warranty either so i was stressing out. i found out somewhere that you have to hold the power/lock button and the volume down button for some time to re caliberate the battery. i tried and sat holding the buttons for roughly 15 minutes (ridiculous, i know but eventually it started charging. give it a shot.

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Ok i have the very same problem:

Phone wont charge untill it runs completely out of battery.
Tried all the software fixes here and nothing works.

By now somehow i managed to make it charge when off, it can charge when it is on say 30% left. Ok thats good at least now i dont have to wait until the battery runs flat, but still bad cause i cannot plug it to the pc, still not recognizing the phone.

Im now wondering, is this a software issue? cause if it was hardware the phone woulndt even charge when off. So im here sitting wondering if i should try the vinegard fix, cause to be honest i dont really think it would help since i believe at least in my case its a software related problem...

Any thoughts? The ones who used vinegard what was actually their problem? phne woulndt charge at all or it just wouldnt charge when on?

Brian Rose3

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
My HTC One was dead, wouldn't charge and there were no charging LED's showing so I thought it was a gonner. After reading this thread and more or less trying everything suggested the post about the charging port and easing down the charging pin/plate worked for me. Inside is a plate about 4mm in length, I used a watchmakers screwdriver and slightley eased it down until it was more central and viola, phone now charging.

Happy days

TopiaryBalls

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I FINALLY HAVE A SOLUTION... of sorts, but it will get you out of the woods.
I have tried all the new cables, the sockets, the background programming of the battery, the uploading of battery doctors. This problem is so intermittent with the majority of time not working that if you eat chocolate and it then works, you start to think it is that, so I have proven this works numerous times now.
If you need to charge the phone when it is not dead or turned off:
1. Attach the phone to the mains.
2. Power the phone off.
3. Whilst still attached to the mains, TURN THE PHONE ON. :cool:

Your phone will now charge whilst switched on. It's a solution that I am happy to put up with as I know from extensive views on the internet, there is no permanent cure.

Asongwallace

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

I have same problem but worst than any i think.my battery takes about 17hrs to charge and my phone never charges while its on . Am just so confused.worst of it all battery life drains much more faster than any thing .
Even i have tried resets vol up ,down power to no avail.when i try to charge while on .it says "phone using up more power .try turning off or closing apps i'ill do that yet nothing.
For now i only get my fone to charge when turned off .stil takes too long

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I tried the vol down and power method after battery died out and shut down the phone, after like 10 seconds it turned on on bootloader mode, selected "reboot" and it's now working fine again.

Rubicon75

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
You saved the day my friend, this defo works . I have tried every solution on the planet without any luck and just as I was about to throw my phone out the window I spotted your post , my phone is now fully charging without having to switch it off. I owe you a cold one:)

Rubicon75

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site

I started to get this issue last Friday, and have been back to normal since late Monday.

I contacted HTC and after jumping through many hoops of fire, I uninstalled a game (Clash of Clans) that was making my phone run extremely hot and followed one of the suggestions that was given by the HTC rep.

I turned fast boot off, turned the phone off, and hold down volume up and down and power for 2 minutes. This made the phone reset about 8 times. After letting go the buttons the phone booted, didn't start to charge. I turned off developer options, restarted the phone, switched back on developer options (make sure usb debugging is on). Finally I plugged the phone to the charger for about half an hour, I got the 'usb host mode enabled, charging not possible' message, I turned my phone off and it started to charge normally. No erratic blinking charging screen where it would jump up 4% every few minutes. After noticing this I turned the phone on and, thankfully, it's been working great again.

In my last email with the HTC rep I was told to get in contact with tech support to arrange to send the phone in... I have about 7 more months of warranty, so for now I'll just ride it out.

As pissed off as I was with my phone when it started with the weird stuff, all the love came back when I saw that little red light telling me that it was charging again.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to share this in case it might work for one of you guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary