Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

Hello,

Itz been like a month now i've been using HTC ONE. "ONE" of the best phone till date i've ever used. Am completely happy with the performance and looks. But from last week it stoped charging and even when i connect it to my mac itz not reading ! I havn't even dropped it even once ! The only time it getz charged is when the battery is completely drained off and wen the mobile goes off by itself. And that time when i keep it for charging, it gets charged but the red light(charging notification) keepz blinking instead of being stable. So for past few dayz i've been charging the phone this way and have to wait for the battery to drain off completely and then keep it for charging. But still the usb is not reading wen i connect it to my mac. Has anyone else encounterd the same issue ? Doesn anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Thank You.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-08-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Default Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Mohammed View Post
    Hello,

Itz been like a month now i've been using HTC ONE. "ONE" of the best phone till date i've ever used. Am completely happy with the performance and looks. But from last week it stoped charging and even when i connect it to my mac itz not reading ! I havn't even dropped it even once ! The only time it getz charged is when the battery is completely drained off and wen the mobile goes off by itself. And that time when i keep it for charging, it gets charged but the red light(charging notification) keepz blinking instead of being stable. So for past few dayz i've been charging the phone this way and have to wait for the battery to drain off completely and then keep it for charging. But still the usb is not reading wen i connect it to my mac. Has anyone else encounterd the same issue ? Doesn anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Thank You.
    Try downloading drivers for your phone on your Mac. If there aren't any available for installation on OSX, you might need a PC running Windows/Linux/Ubuntu/etc.

As for your battery issue, it's likely to be a hardware defect. If you have warranty/insurance for your phone, I recommend you request a replacement device.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.4 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, multiple Xposed modules[daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.4 KitKat, ViPER4Android FX

Shan,
    I have the same problem. Finally found that if I disabled the fast boot option and restarted the phone I was able to charge the battery. However that does not fix the USB connecting to the laptop.

To disable the fast boot option go to settings, power, and scroll down to fast boot and uncheck it..This lets you work around the problem but does not solve it. Please post if you find out what the problem is.

Hey guys
    did anyone end up finding a fix for this just happened to me this morning when i woke up ?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I have had the same issue... TWICE! I have to warranty exchange my HTC ONE twice now. Now I am waiting on the new one to ship.
    Banned

Are all of you describing the problem, letting your phone die; before charging? I read somewhere that allowing your phones to completely die to where it goes off on its own, is NOT good for the phone, and this "may" be some of your problems???

The only other thing I would suggest is that you do a reset of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisxpierce View Post
    Are all of you describing the problem, letting your phone die; before charging? I read somewhere that allowing your phones to completely die to where it goes off on its own, is NOT good for the phone, and this "may" be some of your problems???

The only other thing I would suggest is that you do a reset of the phone.
    The problem is having to let the phone die before it will start charging. I finally took mine in and they gave me a new phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Hey,
    Disabling the fast boot is not helping me . itz still not charging ! and as faar as the replacement is concerned , I bought the phone from Dubai and now am in India... and apparently international warranty is not applicable. FML !

Mine just did this today. I got an error message saying a usb host cable was plugged in and charging was disabled. The only was to charge is to turn it off and watch the blinking light. My replacement phone should be here by Tuesday. My question would be does it quit charging by itself when full or will it over charge since the phone is confused.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

it also happened to me. phone charge fine when there is battery left. but if the phone is complete dead. it will not charge at all but strangely, the computer sees the device but will not recognize it.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I read on another forum and this seems to work... Try holding on VOL Down and Power with the phone plugged in and i managed to boot the phone, once the phone booted up, it started charging again.

i guess i will just charge the phone before the battery complete depletes from now on.

Hi did you manage to find a solution..I also bought my phone from eBay which has international warranty n the HTC center in Delhi is not helping..

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just happens to me tonight. I'm not finding a fix tho. This just started happening after my phone on its own decides to go into car mode.... Crazy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So after about 5-6 soft resets and no luck I did the factory data reset. Still nothing. so I call T-Mobile, and their gonna send me a replacement. I get off the phone with him and try another reset for the heck of it.... low and behold its charging. But it's still stuck in car mode. Every app opens in landscape. Nuts. But at least I can charge it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by anthony2558; 07-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.

As far as the Mac seeing your phone, no drivers are needed, just plug it in. Use Android File Transfer to navigate the phone, it is simple but works and is made by Google.

I am having the exact same problem. My phone kept switching on to Car mode, then all apps started opening only in landscape mode. Also, my phone stopped charging from the mains, but when connected to laptop its charging properly. I switched off and on my phone a few times. The switching on to Car mode seems to have stopped but all apps are still opening in landscape mode. Has anybody found a workable solution or do I have to approach HTC Service Centre?

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by snrm View Post
    I am having the exact same problem. My phone kept switching on to Car mode, then all apps started opening only in landscape mode. Also, my phone stopped charging from the mains, but when connected to laptop its charging properly. I switched off and on my phone a few times. The switching on to Car mode seems to have stopped but all apps are still opening in landscape mode. Has anybody found a workable solution or do I have to approach HTC Service Centre?
    SNRM that is exactly how mine started. Phone was never rooted, dropped, bootloader is locked. I don't know why this started. I got it to charge, so I left it charging. After I took it off and tried another soft reset it will no longer charge and is still stuck in landscape mode. I've call T-Mobile and they are sending me a replacement, due here on friday. This reminds me of my thunderbolt days, glitches upon glitches. I hope this new one doesn't have any issues.

Hi anthony2558:

Thx for your reply.

Just fyi, strangely, everything is working fine now. Last night, when my phone was charging properly in the laptop, i decided to connect it to the mains and see if now it was charging properly from there - and it was!. So i left it to charge from the mains overnight. In the morning, I rebooted my phone and lo behold the landscape issue was gone, but something else popped up. I had no sound. Now I am not sure if this problem was there before or not, but I realised it after noticing in the morning, several missed calls and no alarm ringing to wake me up. There was no audio at all - no ringtone, no music - only vibration and light flashing. I once again rebooted the phone and - voila! there was sound! ??? Only thing, after my phone booted, it automatically went into car mode immediately. I exited from it, but its working normally now... at least I think. I have not come across any other issues yet. Will keep this forum posted. Happy now but with some foreboding...

I was having the same problems and here's what I did. I was getting the message that USB debugging connected. Tap on the message notification and you have the option to turn off debugging. Then turn off the developer options at the top of the screen. Now it charges fine

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Not sure if it was mentioned however once you sort this out I would suggest plugging it in to charge before it gets to zero and shuts itself off. It can deteriorate the battery significantly faster than if you were to always plug it in at say ten percent remaining.

Just a heads up. Some say otherwise, however I've seen it kill a battery within a year.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    karn101 likes this.

I have had all these problems that you have described including
    -car mode opening at random
    -no sound
    -charging issues
    -apps open in landscape mode

I have found that the landscape mode thing is only an issue on really humid days, has anyone else found this?

All of the problems seem to be able to be fixed with a combination of reboots. If you have these issues don't factory reset because that didn't help me.

I would like to return my phone but it has scratches on the aluminum so I'm stuck with this "one."

Oh and one more thing. If you can't fox the charging issue don't wait till the phone is dead. Just turn it off- that made my light start to blink.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I started seeing this on my HTC One since today morning. When it's on and on charge mode, it gets unusually hot and doesn't charge WELL... Tried different things like rebooting, switching it off and charging while it's off, etc. It does charge when it's off but do not think that's the solution. So will wait for some more time or else going to get it inspected at the service center.

Mine would not charge unless it was completely turned off. Rebooting sometimes fixed this, but usually not. The screen would not auto-rotate. It would jump into car mode, etc. I finally uninstalled an app that "saves my battery". Problem solved! Hope this works for others with similar problems.

My phone stopped charging last week only 2 month old and unless powered off

. Nothing would resolve so sending back to HTC for a service. Hate now

having to wait 5 days for it to be returned. Really miss being ab le to go in store and an immediate review. Love the phone but this was one of my main concerns swapping from apple.

Think I will stick with iPhone for future phones.

Posted via Android Central App

What app was it that you uninstalled? It seems like a lot of people (well a lot on this forum) are starting to see this random behavior. Mine started about 2 or 3 days ago and I haven't been able to trace any one thing to be the cause. I'm going to keep an eye on the forum and phone to see if anyone finds a solution before I take the issue to Sprint.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast