HTC One unsupported picture format.

holdmeup

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I was able to e-mail myself pictures and view/download them with no issue.
Now, unless I edit them to go on instagram or with another program, my computer will not recognize them. nothing is encrypted on my phone, even on picture details it says "unprotected." Trying to send pictures taken with my phone, unedited or even edited with it's own software are suddenly unsupported file types. This is completely random. I have windows 7 and another laptop that's a bit older with the same OS that says it's unsupported as well.
It won't even show the thumbnail of the image, just the default blank type thumbnail windows uses to say it knows it's a picture.
The format is in jpg. Windows picture viewer will say it's either unsupported or it doesn't have the updates to support it. Paint will say it's an invalid/unsupported bitmap image. NO PHOTO VIEWER will open up the file. I can send pictures to instagram and facebook just fine.
HTC wanted me to use it's sync software and I've read not so great things about it. They wouldn't give me an explanation for any of this, either. Sprint says it might be the device.
Has anyone else gone through this? Why did this so randomly happen? Any fix?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
There is a distant memory in the back of my mind about this happening a couple of years ago to me. It turned out to be an odd bug with Windows which was relatively easily fixed with some kind of fix up in the registry or in the display setting as I recall. I suggest doing a search in those directions having to do with problems with Windows recognizing jpg files. I don't think this has anything to do with the One. It is an oddity with the computer OS. (Again, this is a bit of a fuzzy memory for me though.)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if you can see the picture on the phone but won't open in windows, it's a windows problem. Probably an update to Windows 7 caused this to happen. Try using irfan view (free and I use it exclusively) to view the image and if that still doesn't do it, do what pistos said and try to find a fix on the internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173