Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pkwiat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Like everything except the power button, any solutions?

I just got the HTC One (sold Galaxy Note 2). I really like everything about this phone except for the power button. Its hard to press. Many times I end up trying to press it multiple times and of course then I click it twice and it goes on then off.

Is there any type of sticker you seen for sale that will give the power button a little extra height? Sort of like they had for the Note 2 to cover the home button. I think a little extra height will make it much easier to press... its just too flush.

Default Re: Like everything except the power button, any solutions?

There's an app called auto screen on or something like that and you can actually switch the screen on using the proximity sensor or just picking up the phone using G sensor, i think it works quite well. I've not seen anything that you can buy separately to stick onto the power button, maybe try a piece of chewing gum haha
    Thanked by:
    pkwiat 

Quote Originally Posted by pkwiat View Post
    I just got the HTC One (sold Galaxy Note 2). I really like everything about this phone except for the power button. Its hard to press. Many times I end up trying to press it multiple times and of course then I click it twice and it goes on then off.

Is there any type of sticker you seen for sale that will give the power button a little extra height? Sort of like they had for the Note 2 to cover the home button. I think a little extra height will make it much easier to press... its just too flush.
    While you are still in the grace period I'd suggest going to the store you bought from and asking to test a couple Ones to see if it's just your phone or all of them. I don't have any trouble with using the power button but our phones could be identical and you could honestly have problems. Try at least one other phone to see if that is the issue. Otherwise you'll need to go creative with tape or something.

Another thing to remember is that the power button does double as the IR, so placing anything over it would make it defunct unless you didn't want to use it anyway
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Club Paradise View Post
    Another thing to remember is that the power button does double as the IR, so placing anything over it would make it defunct unless you didn't want to use it anyway
    good tip, forgot about that!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    While you are still in the grace period I'd suggest going to the store you bought from and asking to test a couple Ones to see if it's just your phone or all of them. I don't have any trouble with using the power button but our phones could be identical and you could honestly have problems. Try at least one other phone to see if that is the issue. Otherwise you'll need to go creative with tape or something.
    I think the issue is I use my index finger and try to turn it on/off from the back... if you take a look at the one sideways you will see the back is a little taller then the front... so turning it on/off from the front works great, but the higher "wall" in the back makes it tougher to click the button from the back.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Club Paradise View Post
    There's an app called auto screen on or something like that and you can actually switch the screen on using the proximity sensor or just picking up the phone using G sensor, i think it works quite well. I've not seen anything that you can buy separately to stick onto the power button, maybe try a piece of chewing gum haha
    Awesome, just tried it and it works! Will need to watch battery use based on the reviews... thanks!
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

You can root your phone, install the revolution hd rom which gives you the option to use the volume buttons as screen on buttons

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

I've had my one for 4 days now and coming from an iphone Iban struggling p with the lock screen waking. I tried the g sensor app and it works Ok.. Not great so found the screen was unlocked in my pocket quite a bit.. I was double tapping the sensor where you put your ear to wake the screen.. Seemed to sensitive..

I think the biggest problem is grip, I have a best skin ever in its way and I hope that will give my little hands some leverage to hit that power button nicely..

Posted via Android Central App