Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone does not turn screen off when charging

For some reason, my HTC One's screen started to stay on indefinitely when being charged. Normally if i'm charging my phone when i'm on my computer, this is very welcome. However, when I am charging it while i sleep, i just plug it in and then go to bed. Once I plug it in, the screen stays on unless I turn it off manually.

I set my Display, gestures and buttons -> sleep to 30 seconds but it has no effect. The phone turns it's screen off just fine if I am not charging.

What am I missing!??!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone does not turn screen off when charging

Hey eisenhorne.
    Have you checked developer options? There is an option called stay awake. See if it is checked, could be your culprit.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Hey eisenhorne.
    Have you checked developer options? There is an option called stay awake. See if it is checked, could be your culprit.
    Hi Jennifer,

I checked the developer options as well and I actually don't see anything similar to stay awake. The only item that's checked is animations in the advanced section.

Yes developers section doesn't have that option on the HTC one! Have you tried, "Display, gestures & buttons" and stay awake? It's not in the manual but should help.

Posted via Android Central App

Did you solve this? Having the same issue and their isn't a stay awake option in display settings, considering a wipe as I think it may have started after a recent update

Check your screen timeout time in display and gestures if none of the above worked.

I am having a similar issue and there is no option either on the One or in 4.2 to keep the phone awake. It was lost somewhere along the way. My issue is the home page disappears but the screen its self stays on and turns into a rainbow. I have simply lived with this defect and press the power button anytime I plug in. The issue with this is if I get a text while charging once the screen times out it goes back to the rainbow. My guess is the only way to fix this would be to exchange the device.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Is anyone running 4.3?
    Maybe daydream is ON and when you plug the phone in, it will start the rainbow that you described above..?

It was "ON". Thank you so much for your reply. I just turned it off and maybe now I can rest easier. I was sure something was wrong with the phone, and to be honest I didn't really like it. I think it made the phone charge slower. Regardless I'm happy it's gone, and maybe one day I will look at some of the features I read about. After finding this and the article that told me how to turn it off, I'm guessing that this is the OP's issue as well.

Settings>Displays, g & b>Daydream Try it and see if your issue doesn't stop.

Here is the article.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.