- 10 Posts
Phone does not turn screen off when charging
For some reason, my HTC One's screen started to stay on indefinitely when being charged. Normally if i'm charging my phone when i'm on my computer, this is very welcome. However, when I am charging it while i sleep, i just plug it in and then go to bed. Once I plug it in, the screen stays on unless I turn it off manually.
I set my Display, gestures and buttons -> sleep to 30 seconds but it has no effect. The phone turns it's screen off just fine if I am not charging.
What am I missing!??!
- 06-25-2013, 07:47 PM #2
- 06-26-2013, 01:03 AM #4
- 12-03-2013, 11:10 PM #5
- 12-04-2013, 04:16 AM #6
- 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM #7
- 544 Posts
Re: Phone does not turn screen off when charging
I am having a similar issue and there is no option either on the One or in 4.2 to keep the phone awake. It was lost somewhere along the way. My issue is the home page disappears but the screen its self stays on and turns into a rainbow. I have simply lived with this defect and press the power button anytime I plug in. The issue with this is if I get a text while charging once the screen times out it goes back to the rainbow. My guess is the only way to fix this would be to exchange the device.Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
- 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM #8
- 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM #9
- 544 Posts
- By pj737 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 05-24-2013, 06:20 AM
- By jigz23 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
- By Artorture in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 19Last Post: 12-17-2010, 01:49 AM
- By gatortuba in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
- By RonPWood in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM