Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By waeggles
  • 1 Post By TarekElsakka
  • 1 Post By Niall Devlin
  • 2 Post By TarekElsakka
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Transferring Data from Blackberry 9900 to HTC One

Hi all!

I'm getting a brand new HTC One tomorrow to replace my Blackberry 9900 and wanted to know how I can transfer my contact numbers, texts, photos etc.

Vodafone tell me that if I take them in to one of their stores they can do it for me, but the closest one to me doesn't have the facility to and I can't access any other stores.

I'm going on holiday this Friday and would love to be able to take photos / videos using the HTC One, if I take both phone can I still do so (do I need to transfer first)?

Thanks guys and gals!

Niall

Default Re: Transferring Data from Blackberry 9900 to HTC One

I went the same route. I was already using Google Apps on my Blackberry though, so that took care of the contacts. You can do this through bluetooth as well:
    Pair your two devices via Bluetooth. On the Blackberry, go into Bluetooth settings (after pairings) press the menu button while the HTC One is selected in the list of paired devices, select transfer contacts.
    Texts, I don't know, sorry, maybe someone else can help you.

For photos etc, use cloud storage. I got 25 gigs of Dropbox storage with the HTC One, basically install the Dropbox app, authorize the HTC on Dropbox and that space should activate. Then just a matter of syncing.
    Thanked by:
    Niall Devlin likes this.

That's going to be a pain in the arse. There used to be an application on BlackBerry called Google Sync which made life a lot easier, but they discontinued it so everything has to be done manually now. What I did to backup contacts was connect my BlackBerry to my computer and use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to transfer the contacts on my device to Microsoft Outlook and then uploaded them from Outlook to my GMAIL by using import/export methods.

As for text messages, I do not know.

For photos and the like, just connect your BlackBerry to your computer and your internal storage as well as SD card (if you have one) will show up under My Computer, just copy and paste whatever you want to your computer and then to your HTC One when you get it - it's just a simple drag and drop process.

Check this video out: This seems like an easy way to transfer contacts.

Good luck and congratulations on your purchase. I still have my 9900 actually but Android is a whole new and much better world.

EDIT: For text messages, you can perform a full backup of your 9900 using BlackBerry Desktop and the backup file will most likely be in /User/Documents/BlackBerry, you can then use software in order to extract text messages to your PC.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900
    Thanked by:
    Niall Devlin likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank for the advice waeggles and TarekElsakka, much appreciated.

I look forward to discover the world of Android, it's all new to me!
    TarekElsakka likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't replied in a while but I was on holiday, got some great pics and videos on my new HTC One.

Looking for a good case to put it in, any recommendations? Looking for one that doesn't take away from the aesthetics and has a stand for easy viewing, easy access to the power, volume buttons etc. is also a must. I'm in the UK if that matters.

Looking at this one but I'm not so sure, looks a bit garish:

I have activated the SIM yet, but it seems Vodafone will later tonight.

Hey Niall

I have used the cover since day two of owning the HTC One and I absolutely love it. It does not take away from the aesthetics at all and it makes it even more comfortable to hold; however, it does add a little bulk to it but that's understandable since it's a flip cover. The material is great and it has been very durable so far, and its kickstand feature is just great and I find myself using it more often that I thought I would for watching videos and listening to music.

It is pricey, especially compared to the one you posted, however the quality is excellent and in my opinion it deserves the price you pay for it because what you see and what they claim is exactly what you get, nothing short of that.

BlackBerry 9900
    Thanked by:
    Niall Devlin and sonukmr779 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks Tarek, the feedback on the website seems to be pretty negative though, with complaints such as that it doesn't fit properly and isn't very durable.

Well I cannot comment for other people but for me it has been great and I really like the case. Regarding the fit, it's just perfect for me because it is not loose at all but at the same time not too tight that it would make it hard to install or remove the device from it which usually results in scuffs and scratches - it also makes it quite easy to remove the device so you can clean it, so that's a plus for me. Coming from a Galaxy S3 I am used to flip covers and I am guessing that may not be 'suitable' for some people who prefer back covers, for instance, so always keep that in mind.

BlackBerry 9900
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

9900 was a horrible experience although it was my wife's phone..thank goodness i didnt own it..lagging..freezing...just awful...

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Devlin View Post
    Thank for the advice waeggles and TarekElsakka, much appreciated.

I look forward to discover the world of Android, it's all new to me!
    you will like it..HTC one was our first droid experience and it blows away everything BB can offer...i actually got my wife HTC one first then i got mine after hers by almost a month...so i had the chance to mess with it for almost a month and i was super impressed...no complaints at all except for one thing..i wish the battery were better but then with these power hog technologies of 1080 p screens, powerful processors, all phones will suffer..
    however, HTC have done a smart thing with their soon to be released butterfly S..they have added 3200 mah battery to it which is fantastic and i wish it came with HTC one also...that size battery will keep you running for a while longer...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by saalnaz View Post
    you will like it..HTC one was our first droid experience and it blows away everything BB can offer...i actually got my wife HTC one first then i got mine after hers by almost a month...so i had the chance to mess with it for almost a month and i was super impressed...no complaints at all except for one thing..i wish the battery were better but then with these power hog technologies of 1080 p screens, powerful processors, all phones will suffer..
    however, HTC have done a smart thing with their soon to be released butterfly S..they have added 3200 mah battery to it which is fantastic and i wish it came with HTC one also...that size battery will keep you running for a while longer...
    I can identify with the freezing problems, I had to get a second BB after the first went into a coma it never woke from.

As long as the battery will last from night-time to the following evening I should be grand.

I requested the new SIM to be activated around 14 hours ago and it hasn't happened yet, plus I can't access my online account now - yikes!

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Im on the same boat as you man! I also own a Blackberry Bold 9900 and will get my new HTC One tomorrow, I had seen that I could transfer the data via Bluetooth and the pics I would have to save them from my BB to the computer, then transfer from the computer to the HTC. I was planning on doing this, wasn't sure how effective it is.

Hope it goes well for you and tell us how it works!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just looked in the settings menu. There is a setting for "transfer content". Looks pretty self explanatory. Hope it works for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Player4 View Post
    Im on the same boat as you man! I also own a Blackberry Bold 9900 and will get my new HTC One tomorrow, I had seen that I could transfer the data via Bluetooth and the pics I would have to save them from my BB to the computer, then transfer from the computer to the HTC. I was planning on doing this, wasn't sure how effective it is.

Hope it goes well for you and tell us how it works!
    BB > Laptop > HTC via USB cables did the trick for me. Used Media Player to sync the music and simply copied and pasted the pics.

I have a few little niggle I wanted to vent about but not sure whether to ask them on this thread or start a new one?

If it's totally unrelated, start a new thread.

BlackBerry 9900
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Devlin View Post
    I'm getting a brand new HTC One tomorrow to replace my Blackberry 9900 and wanted to know how I can transfer my contact numbers
    For contacts, just use inTouchApp - by far the easiest contacts transfer solution with no data loss - no technical knowledge needed and the system is fool-proof. If I may add, it is also free! The app is available both on Blackberry World and Android Play Store. Just search for intouchapp or visit their website

More details in this presentation: