HTC One Vs S4 vs Note 3 vs Nexus 4

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
So this is my first post and i was wondering im planning on getting an android phone soon and i am having trouble deciding which phone to pick. I have an iphone 4 32 GB and its been ok, but i find Iphones to be ridiculously overpriced and want an Android phone. I have narrowed my search between HTC one Nexus 4 , Note 3 (when it comes out) and the galaxy s4. I use my phone mainly for movies and music, and gaming. I intend to get my device in November at full price (no contracts) p.s. im posting from Canada.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Full price? Nexus 4 then, you can't beat that price for what you get, hands down.

Everything else is nice and all have their pros and cons, your choice there.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why use the Nexus 4 on this list instead of the next one? You're comparing 3 2013 devices and 1 2012 device. Also, there are the HTC Phablet thing, the Moto X, the LG Optimus G 2, the Sony Xperia Ultra, etc.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Why use the Nexus 4 on this list instead of the next one? You're comparing 3 2013 devices and 1 2012 device. Also, there are the HTC Phablet thing, the Moto X, the LG Optimus G 2, the Sony Xperia Ultra, etc.

I want to get the device in Canada and as for the Nexus 5 and the Note 3 I'd rather wait to see what the phone offers. My provider doesnt have alot of Flagship phones.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Full price? Nexus 4 then, you can't beat that price for what you get, hands down.

Everything else is nice and all have their pros and cons, your choice there.

I was hoping to hear from those who have had good and bad experiences with either phones.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to hear from those who have had good and bad experiences with either phones.

Read official reviews on as many sites as you can. Also watch videos of reviews, lots of good info there.

Like I stated, they all have their pros and cons, it depends on which ones you like, they all will fit you needs. How much storage do you need? How important is battery life? Do you have a preference on screen type, etc?

The threads are full of these questions but only you can answer your question. Unfortunately, no matter what device you choose you will have device envy when the Nexus 5 and Note 3 come out, I promise(I will too).

I have had the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, S3, S4, Note 2, Nexus 4, and now the HTC One(and still also have the iPhone 5). A bright screen in sunlight, great camera, 32GB minimum storage, and my perceived quality for money spent are all important to me.
-4S screen was too small
-iPhone 5, screen is still too small for everyday use(bad eyes) but is perfect otherwise
-S3 screen wasn't bright enough in sunlight, otherwise was great
-S4 16GB storage with only 8GB usable. I know I can use SD card, but I travel a lot without my personal PC, so I can't always download movies and music via PC and side load to SD card, I need to be able to do it via cellular without a PC, but google play will only store it on internal memory bc of copyright laws(understandable but doesn't fit my needs)
-Note 2, almost perfect, loved this phone, size with a case was a little much but by itself it wasn't bad. Was too much in jeans pocket though.
-Nexus 4, amazing hardware, camera was lacking, very lacking. Bad camera is a deal breaker for me.
-HTC One, still have it and love it, camera is good, battery isn't as good as S4 but it is adequate. Feels good in my hand, good storage, will keep this for a while(maybe, like I said above, Nexus 5, Moto X, who knows how long I can hold out)

All things considered, the Nexus 4 is amazing as long as you don't need a great camera.

I put a lot of stock in reviews from Android Central and YouTube, they review lots and tend to be non biased. Good luck with your search

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're getting a phone that late you're better off getting none of the above and picking up a Nexus 5. They're only sold through Google anyway so what phones your carrier carries doesn't matter. All that matters is that the carrier you're on is a GSM network carrier.

I mean, unless you just want a big screen phone. I have a Note 2 and let me tell you, big screens aren't all they're cracked up to be. They're a lot more inconvenient than they are convenient, subjective of course.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're getting a phone that late you're better off getting none of the above and picking up a Nexus 5. They're only sold through Google anyway so what phones your carrier carries doesn't matter. All that matters is that the carrier you're on is a GSM network carrier.

That's pretty much what I was trying to get at too.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you use headphones when watching movies? I always did before the one. Now usually don't, they annoy me. And the speakers are great for this. Though you could of course use external speakers.

Posted via Android Central App

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ridiculously over priced? Same price as top tier Android phones or in some cases less. Unless Canada is different from the U.S. which it might be.
Nexus 4 is sold at cost or a little less. It's a little old now but still my favorite Android phone. No LTE is my only complaint although a 32 GB version would be nice too. I think its the best phone for pervious iPhone people to use as well. Excellent U/I in stock Android.
Don't care for the S 4. Cheap plastic, poor daylight screen, Touchwiz is overdone and many features don't work..if you get the S 4 at least get the 32 GB version because standard has 9 GB available. Also has an SD card and removable battery.
HTC One would be my choice out of the current top tier. Great build quality, much prefer IPS screen to Sasmungs oversaturated pixelated AMOLED, can see outside, better color and contrast but this could just be because Samsung does not calibrate their screens. Sense 5 has alight touch this time around while Touchwiz has become a mess.

So this is my first post and i was wondering im planning on getting an android phone soon and i am having trouble deciding which phone to pick. I have an iphone 4 32 GB and its been ok, but i find Iphones to be ridiculously overpriced and want an Android phone. I have narrowed my search between HTC one Nexus 4 , Note 3 (when it comes out) and the galaxy s4. I use my phone mainly for movies and music, and gaming. I intend to get my device in November at full price (no contracts) p.s. im posting from Canada.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

So what...its there for the same reason Jerry wrote an article saying the Nexus 4 is still a great phone. Samsungs high end specs are exactly helping them because of the Touchwiz bloat.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So what...its there for the same reason Jerry wrote an article saying the Nexus 4 is still a great phone. Samsungs high end specs are exactly helping them because of the Touchwiz bloat.

I'm not saying it's not great, but when the next one is out.... Op said they're buying in November.

Transmitted through spacetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed