Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default best launcher for HTC ONE? (battery, usebillity etc)

Which one do you prefer for the one and why?

How does it effects the battery life?

Default Re: best launcher for HTC ONE? (battery, usebillity etc)

I would like to get opinions on the same question myself.

Posted via Android Central App

I use Action Launcher Pro so that I can have 5 icons on my dock without needing an app drawer icon.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

I'm currently using Next Launcher. Mainly because I can rotate the homescreens to landscape. And also it looks pretty awesome, they have a large amount of different themes for it and you can customize the way the icons look and behave. And they update it very often with new features.

Nova Launcher Prime with WidgetLocker is an amazing combo and haven't noticed any changes in battery since launch.

I've tried other launchers and what I love about Nova is that it's clean & simple. The customization seems endless.

Nova Launcher Prime is the best launcher. Doesn't matter what phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by boca21barca View Post
    I use Action Launcher Pro so that I can have 5 icons on my dock without needing an app drawer icon.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    You can put 7 on the dock with Nova Prime, and make them smaller...and get rid of the line separating the dock from the screen...
    Deep Sanghera likes this.

Been running Nova Prime. I love it and haven't noticed a change in battery life

Deep Sanghera likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by jlcarfan View Post
    Been running Nova Prime. I love it and haven't noticed a change in battery life

+1 Same here! Nova Prime is where its at.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

I have used almost every launcher (my wife calls me a launcher junkie), and I have settled on TSF Shell over Next, Nova Prime, Apex, ADW EX, Chameleon, Lightning, Action, and Buzz (just to name a few that I own). I love the features, the customization options, the side bar for most used apps/utilities, and the widgets. I know it's expensive, but to me, it's worth it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

everything.me .... Simple and nice looking, not a battery hog.

I've been using Apex Launcher Pro and I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have tried Nova, Apex and ADW, and I must say that Nova Launcher Prime is well worth every penny. It's an amazing, fast, light and stable launcher that is packed with features and very easy to use. I absolutely love it. I am using it on the Google Play Edition ROM, however, and if I go back to a Sense-based ROM I'll most likely not install it because, well, the only reason I'd go back is for Sense so replacing the Sense launcher wouldn't make sense.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I've been using Nova Prime for a month without any issues. The battery seems to last exactly the same with it or with the Sense launcher.

The only issue I've seen (happened 3-4 times) is that when you long-press on the App Drawer icon to customize it would make the animation of the edit menu a little slower and at this time, when tapping on Edit, the launcher icon will move outside the dock by itself like I dragged it out. Restarting the phone solved it each time it occurred to me.

Other than that, great, simple and customizable launcher.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    I've been using Nova Prime for a month without any issues. The battery seems to last exactly the same with it or with the Sense launcher.

The only issue I've seen (happened 3-4 times) is that when you long-press on the App Drawer icon to customize it would make the animation of the edit menu a little slower and at this time, when tapping on Edit, the launcher icon will move outside the dock by itself like I dragged it out. Restarting the phone solved it each time it occurred to me.

Other than that, great, simple and customizable launcher.
    it replaces the Sense launcher, which means we don't use the Sense program at all? (Happy!!!) do we need to root the device?
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow slider View Post
    it replaces the Sense launcher, which means we don't use the Sense program at all? (Happy!!!) do we need to root the device?
    Nope, you don't have to root...you'll still have Sense, Nova just adds itself to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Nope, you don't have to root...you'll still have Sense, Nova just adds itself to the mix.
    But keep in mind that you won't be able to use any of Sense's widgets once you start using a launcher. Although from your "Happy" comment, that doesn't sound like it'll be a problem.

I think Nova is a GREAT launcher, and if you get into serious screen customization, it's the 2nd most customizable launcher and a must own.

Lightbulb Re: best launcher for HTC ONE? (battery, usebillity etc)

If it's battery life you're worried about then simply install BatteryGuru. Works great on the One.
    HTC One Developers Edition - 64GB w/128GB Micro SDXC

Apex, hands down.
    Maxx HD - T C

I have tried most of them and I call a tie for first between Apex and Nova (both paid). They're both awesome! Hadn't really thought about until now but I have stayed on Nova for a long while this time around (In my world that's 6 weeks or so). I think we're selling ourselves short by not trying different launchers from time to time. It's a relatively competitive part of Android and I really think the top-dogs leapfrog for the lead with each major update. They're really easy to backup if you change your mind and several let you import settings from other launchers. There's really no downside to running different launchers.

To mirror someones comment from earlier BatteryGuru has made a very noticeable difference for me. It's a good program IMO.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellow slider View Post
    Launchers work just like any other app, they can be set as a default app for when you press the Home Button. Once you set it to always, you can still change it back so you can load the Sense Launcher if you want.

Root isn't required for any launcher, at least the most popular, including Nova Prime.

As other said, you will loose Sense 5 widgets when using a third-party launcher. I've replaced the excellent weather and clock widget of Sense 5 with EZ Weather which is free (no ads!). Give it a try.

For the calendar widget, I'm using Clean Calendar Widget and it fulfills my needs.

ROM
    Viper ROM

I started out with Apex and later switched to Nova when Nova Prime went on sale. I like Nova a little bit better so I've stuck with it.

maybe you can help me. I've searched and can't find anything right. Nova launcher is occasionally (a few times a day lately) pulling up a blank home screen with just wallpaper and no icons. Using Nova, Widget Locker Pro, and NiLS.

I can tap home and nothing happens, double tap to access recent apps, launch an app, go back home and still blank sometimes, other times, goes to my actual home screen with icons...

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny--2k View Post
    maybe you can help me. I've searched and can't find anything right. Nova launcher is occasionally (a few times a day lately) pulling up a blank home screen with just wallpaper and no icons. Using Nova, Widget Locker Pro, and NiLS.

I can tap home and nothing happens, double tap to access recent apps, launch an app, go back home and still blank sometimes, other times, goes to my actual home screen with icons...

Any suggestions?
    If I were you I'd save your Nova setup using it's own backup feature and uninstall/reinstall. The problem you speak of certainly isn't normal and I bet that fixes it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    If I were you I'd save your Nova setup using it's own backup feature and uninstall/reinstall. The problem you speak of certainly isn't normal and I bet that fixes it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Is this backup available if its not nova Prime? I just have the free one...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast