Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jiggyb21
  • 1 Post By sourcecodepoet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Capacitive Button LEDS dim! Normal?

Hi guys! I just upgraded from the one x on AT&T to the HTC ONE in black. Everything works and I love it. My only issue is and it might be normal is the capacitive lights are very DIM. They work and both are the same brightness. But coming from the one x they were very bright white. The One are just dark when they light up. How is everyone else's buttons brightness?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Capacitive Button LEDS dim! Normal?

Anybody? Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

Mine are fairly dim, the ones on the Galaxy range are better IMO - not a deal breaker though ;-)

Posted with my HTC One via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Mine are very dim on my HTC one. But on my girlfriends they are extremely bright. So frustrating.
    Thanked by:

Mine don't always come on. I thought it was normal but maybe not?

Then again I have power saver on all the time too, so that might have something to do with it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks guys. Everything else works fine. Don't want to return it just for that. My luck I return it and get one with more problems. I wonder how many of us are dim and how many are bright. Just hope they don't go out anytime soon

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Willoughby View Post
    Mine are very dim on my HTC one. But on my girlfriends they are extremely bright. So frustrating.
    Your girlfriend has an HTC one also? I wonder why yours are dim like mine and hers are bright. I hope they don't go out anytime soon. I just got it today. I really wonder if I should keep it or return it. I kind of like it though too. When using it in the dark it doesn't hurt my eyes.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

A couple of hours ago I noticed they were more dim than when I bought it a few weeks back. I don't know why they changed, but honestly, I don't mind if they are dim or not, unless they are an indication for some bug or failure. I hope that's not the case for us.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    A couple of hours ago I noticed they were more dim than when I bought it a few weeks back. I don't know why they changed, but honestly, I don't mind if they are dim or not, unless they are an indication for some bug or failure. I hope that's not the case for us.
    I'm hoping it's just software related. I might go into the store to see if it's the same on the floor model. I'll be upset if it's not. Not sure what to do. I just don't want them to go out after my 15 day return policy..

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Anybody else's input? I would greatly appreciate it.

Mine and everyone else's, I think, take a good bit of darkness to even turn on (too much IMO). At the level of darkness it takes to trigger the lighting of the buttons they don't really need to be very bright. Mine have always been like this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    MONDINGO likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    Mine and everyone else's, I think, take a good bit of darkness to even turn on (too much IMO). At the level of darkness it takes to trigger the lighting of the buttons they don't really need to be very bright. Mine have always been like this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    It does take a very dark room for them to come on. Even if I'm in a dimly lit room and I'm looking at the screen for a long time I don't even see them anymore because the screen so bright. Lol. I guess is a good thing though so when I'm in a dark room , the LED's are not in my face. I'm just wondering how many other people have this problem and its normal. Thanks for the response.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the replies.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Thanks for the replies

It has lights under there?? I can't say I actually have ever noticed mine light up. I think it would be nice to have an option to adjust the brightness of them (if they are there) though.

I have seen the Galaxy line with well lit buttons. I was just assuming mine didn't have them. Now that I know this I want them! This is really going to bug me now for the rest of the day.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrack View Post
    It has lights under there?? I can't say I actually have ever noticed mine light up. I think it would be nice to have an option to adjust the brightness of them (if they are there) though.

I have seen the Galaxy line with well lit buttons. I was just assuming mine didn't have them. Now that I know this I want them! This is really going to bug me now for the rest of the day.
    Do you have an HTC ONE? Take battery saver off and go in a really dark room. See if the back and home button light up. Let me know how bright they are. Mine are really dim. But there. Thanks..

Okay, I just took the phone in the bathroom and the lights did come on. They aren't that bright but do light up. I walked out of the room into the kitchen and they turned back off. I'd like to see a setting for those.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrack View Post
    Okay, I just took the phone in the bathroom and the lights did come on. They aren't that bright but do light up. I walked out of the room into the kitchen and they turned back off. I'd like to see a setting for those.
    Me too. A setting would be nice.

Mine don't turn off at all....is this normal?

Me and my girlfriend also have the one, and in a side by side comparison mine were brighter than hers. It bugs her but I don't believe it's a deal breaker. I have been trying to look into it but I'm not sure what it might be. Mine also turn on more often than hers. My guess is that it's the sensor for these to turn on, or something. But you're not alone

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

The capacitive button lights on my One turn on when I'm in dim light. I always have the Power Saver Mode on too. The lights are pretty cool when they do turn On.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Thanks for the replies. I'm in my second One, and this one is much brighter.

I used this app to set the brightness:

Looks like after using that app the buttons stay on all the time, which is fine with me :-)
    Belhade likes this.