Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scx10
  • 1 Post By scx10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc One With Straight Talk On At&t SIM Can't Receive MMS Picture Message

I just received a new sim card from Straight Talk and it is AT&T compatible sim. I am using it on my HTC One unlocked phone. I can send MMS picture message, but I can't receive any MMS picture message. Internet is working fine, normal text is working fine. Just can't receive any picture message.

Any one having similar problem?

I called ST and spend over 5 hours with them. Straight Talk can't figure out what the problem it. They said might be something wrong with my new HTC phone and asked me to call the manufacture.

The APN I am using now:
    FIELD SETTINGS
    NAME straight talk
    APN tfdata
    PORT 80
    MMSC http://mms-tf.net
    MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS PORT 80

Default Re: Htc One With Straight Talk On At&t SIM Can't Receive MMS Picture Message

Is not a problem with the phone. I'm having the same issue with my wife's s3. She can send mms but not receive them. I've been emailing back and forth with them for the last 3 days without any results.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Htc One With Straight Talk On At&t SIM Can't Receive MMS Picture Message

Go ask in the carrier discussion/us/other carriers section. Those guys have the correct APN settings to overcome this.

I have an HTC one as well and just activated it today. I am having the same problem. I can talk, text normal messages, use internet, and can send MMS messages. I can't receive them at all though which is very annoying. I spent a while on the phone with straight talk and we tried a few things. He ended telling me it could take up to 24 hours before it starts working. Have you figured it out yet on your phone?

One thing I have read, is that you need to rewrite over the original AT&T APN settings. Mine has a lock on it and will not let you rewrite over them. Not sure how true that is but I read it on a few forums.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

If it was a HTC One issue, we would all have it, even if intermittently. It's a straight talk issue. Go fool with your APN like the other posters said.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Yeah it is definitely a ST issue. I have tried every APN I found on here. Mine still won't receive MMS.

Well I resolved it. lol I went down to the local AT&T store and got the new $60/mo go phone SIM plan. It runs on the real 4G network and comes with unlimited talk, text, and 2gigs of internet. I am good with that. I am paying $130/mo for my Verizon service and am tired of that.

Armyguy209 can you send me apn for at&t pls im trying to change to at&t thank you

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issuse? I cant send or receive mms messages but everything else works.

I have the same problem. i called ST, they said it was a problem with the phone. I have an HTC inspire att

same issue with motorola atrix, ST said it was my phone also.....lol. Anyone figure this out, can send but not open or receive pics

I had the same issue but I have been with ST for years so I went back to the original code they first gave me and I NEVER have an issue with this one on any phones but IPHONES it doesn't work well with iphones I have been told

apn: att.mvno
    proxy:mvno.tracfone.com
    port:80
    mmsc: http//mmsc.cingular.com
    mmsc: mmsc2.tracfone.com
    mms port: 80

All the rest is the same~~ Hope this works!!!!

I have the motorola atrix hd try that code it should work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by scx10 View Post
    same issue with motorola atrix, ST said it was my phone also.....lol. Anyone figure this out, can send but not open or receive pics
    I had the same issue but I have been with ST for years so I went back to the original code they first gave me and I NEVER have an issue with this one on any phones but IPHONES it doesn't work well with iphones I have been told

apn: att.mvno
    proxy:mvno.tracfone.com
    port:80
    mmsc: http//mmsc.cingular.com
    mmsc: mmsc2.tracfone.com
    mms port: 80

All the rest is the same~~ Hope this works!!!!

Thanks everyone for the help. That apn setting would not let me on the net. Finally got it to work with ST apn settings that came with sim and down loaded (go sms pro) and all is working now. No help from customer service! Hope this helps someone as well. Finally!!!
    Thanked by:
    waveofwater likes this.

try a diff messaging app. go sms pro
    Thanked by:
    waveofwater likes this.

Thanks so much for suggesting Go SMS Pro! I tried several different APN settings to no avail, and this app is able to receive SMS with no problem. I have a Motorola Atrix 4 G and signed up for Straight Talk last month and have had a fine experience with talk and txt, but problem receiving SMS. Go SMS Pro has solved it.

Lightbulb Re: Htc One With Straight Talk On At&t SIM Can't Receive MMS Picture Message

Best solution was this YouTube user's video on setting up the HTC One on Straight Talk for AT&T

Thank you Thank you. I fixed it w/ the YouTube Video. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by johannavermont View Post
    Thank you Thank you. I fixed it w/ the YouTube Video. Thank you.
    Johanna, are you a Vermont (former) ATT customer? I ported my phone number from ATT and used StraighTalk's bring your own phone program. I can't send or receive mms messages. I want to know how our situations are different and whether I can do what you did to fix mms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Help!!!!I read everyone thread. My ATT HTC ONE X mms unable to send message after multiplies attempts. I hate this phone, I call ATT tech I'm told need to buy a antenna and I don't get it.