1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS picturing messaging 'Message not downloaded' with a Straight Talk AT&T SIm

Good evening,

I am unable to receive pictures sent via MMS to my phone.
    Error message 'Message not downloaded'
    This happens when Wifi is enabled or disabled.
    I do have internet when Wifi is disabled.
    I am able to send and receive texts.
    I am able to send MMS pictures.

I have a AT&T sim card with Straight Talk.
    My phone is a HTC ONE Unlocked.
    Running Andriod 4.1.2

APN settings that tech at Straight Talk told me to use (same ones as provided by the website when I activated the phone)
    Name: straight talk
    APN: tfdata
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: mm3.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN protocol: IPv4

Please advise ASAP.
    This very annoying and frustrating.

Default Re: MMS picturing messaging 'Message not downloaded' with a Straight Talk AT&T SIm

I have the exact problem, though I have a galaxy note 2 with this tfdata apn. Have been through multiple support calls to ST and they had it working with this apn for about one week, then it stopped working again. Most recent calls to ST yesterday didn't resolve it. Thinking of trying t-mobile pre-paid plan, but this service should be working!

Default Re: MMS picturing messaging 'Message not downloaded' with a Straight Talk AT&T SIm

I called ST again last night and was told that they are aware of this issue with mms. They changed a setting to 'pfdata' on their side and I can now send and receive pic texts. I hope this stays working.

Maybe they should change their name to "Bent Talk".....cause "Straight Talk" seems to be all their network is capable of doing..."talking". lol
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

I'm having the same issue with this APN. I can only send MMS but not receive. If you don't mind what settings do you have for the pfdata? Thanks!

MMS suddenly started working with the tfdata settings! I called customer service and they were no help telling me my device is incompatible and to contact the manufacturer lol clueless.

I had a similar problem on a jail broken iPhone, never could send or receive pictures via MMS.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Question Re: MMS picturing messaging 'Message not downloaded' with a Straight Talk AT&T SIm

Quote Originally Posted by sisillip View Post
    I called ST again last night and was told that they are aware of this issue with mms. They changed a setting to 'pfdata' on their side and I can now send and receive pic texts. I hope this stays working.
    hi- can you clarify? when you say "on their side" ... do you mean they had you alter your APN settings in your phone, or did they make a change on their end, and only to your account?
    I have this exact same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577, running the stock AT&T/Samsung Android 4.0.4 update (ICS, Ice Cream Sandwich.)
    the new 'tfdata' APN settings do not allow receiving MMS (picture) messages on these phones with the AT&T-issued Straight Talk SIM. tried it with 4 phones now. these same phones work fine with Straight Talk's OLD APN settings, but only if you're lucky enough to have an OLD SIM card that still uses 'att.mvno' and all that. I even attempted to create two separate APNs- one for MMS, one for Internet (and Internet+MMS). no go.
    rather frustrating.

~R.

Quote Originally Posted by thineownself View Post
    hi- can you clarify? when you say "on their side" ... do you mean they had you alter your APN settings in your phone, or did they make a change on their end, and only to your account?
    I have this exact same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577, running the stock AT&T/Samsung Android 4.0.4 update (ICS, Ice Cream Sandwich.)
    the new 'tfdata' APN settings do not allow receiving MMS (picture) messages on these phones with the AT&T-issued Straight Talk SIM. tried it with 4 phones now. these same phones work fine with Straight Talk's OLD APN settings, but only if you're lucky enough to have an OLD SIM card that still uses 'att.mvno' and all that. I even attempted to create two separate APNs- one for MMS, one for Internet (and Internet+MMS). no go.
    rather frustrating.

~R.
    I would love to know this too. I can send MMS but can't receive. I just got a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and am using it with an AT&T Straight Talk SIM card. I went back and forth with a Straight Talk rep in their forums and she confirmed my APN settings were correct and it must be something with my device...

Can someone tell how they got this working? My APN settings are the same as in the first post.

I am having the exact same problem. Everything works EXCEPT I am not receiving mms! I have tried multiple apn settings, always going back to the same ones on the web site, the same as in the original post. I am using a Galaxy S3. It was this way on stock 4.1.1. It was the same on a custom 4.3. And it is still the same on stock 4.1.2 update from AT&T. My wife's Galaxy S3 works with the exact same settings.