1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Connection issue

Hi !

I'm just new to the Android world after years with several iPhones.
    I bought the HTC One less than one month ago and I'm having troubles with the device.
    Sometimes (but regularly), I'm totally losing access to the GPRS/3G/HDSPA network, depite I have many network bars displayed, whatever the place I'm in (home, office, car, ...)
    At those time, it is impossible to acces the services that are connected to the web : Facebook won't update, same for Blinkfeed, ...
    It also happens that it becomes - for a short while that can last for several hours - impossible to pass or receive telephone calls.
    You have the impression that it lasts forever before you get connected to anyone, and - when finally you reach the person - the conversation is aborted after a few seconds.

At first, I was tempted to think that the SIM card was guilty and tryied to "clean" it with a tissue, as one can do with the chip of his credit card when it does'nt work but the situation get worse !!!
    When putting the SIM card back in the HTC, I entered my PIN Code and so a message telling that no service was available and an icon of empty bars with a cross on it :

I tried another SIM card from another operator (my daughter's one) and it was still the same.

15 minutes later, as I was on the phone with a member of the HTC clients service, the "bars" came back but it was impossible to have a conversation over the phone.

It is hard to descibed how disappointed I am by this barely 700 product ...

Morever, I noticed that my phone has an assembly problem as there is a "light leak" at the bottom-right of my screen.

Are there some people experimenting the same problem ?

For the record, I'm in France and a hard-reboot to restore factory settings didn't change anything !

Thanks for any hints or tips before I send it back to HTC and get bereft of my smartphone for weeks !

Default Re: Connection issue

Take it back to the place you purchased from and get a replacement. Something sounds off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Take it back to the place you purchased from and get a replacement. Something sounds off.
    Well I bought it online, so the merchant site would probably ask me to send the phone to them so they send it to the repair center. So it will be nothing but a lack of time.
    I contacted them anyway to ask for a replavement but I'm pretty pessimistic on this.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I am having exactly the same problems. Data 3G or wifi switches off and cant get any sort of connection to any pages or apps, then it will switch back on again. I think this is causing my issues with viber and other apps
    Phone: HTC One 32GB
    Network: Three UK
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    I am having exactly the same problems. Data 3G or wifi switches off and cant get any sort of connection to any pages or apps, then it will switch back on again. I think this is causing my issues with viber and other apps
    And did you notice problem with phone calls too ?

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolapinou View Post
    And did you notice problem with phone calls too ?
    no, but I did with apps like viber and bt smart talk, call quality being extremely poor or cutting off.

Hi, i have samsung galaxy xcover 2, it was issued some 3 months ago i believe. 3g is off and on all the time and i lose both calls and internet. I took it to samsung and they replaced it with a brand new phone but i still have that issue.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I received the phone back today after reporting this connection issue, they said they fixed the issue and replaced some parts, issue still remains, it goes back to HTC again tomorrow. how annoying.

On another note they said they would install a software update to fix the camera issue too, maybe Android 4.3 too.