Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group messages NOT sending as individual messages...

So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?

Default Re: Group messages NOT sending as individual messages...

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?
    I've experienced this happening with iOS devices. See if that's the case first.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

BTT

Group messaging is still broken on Android but is supposed to be fixed with 4.2.2.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Group messaging is still broken on Android but is supposed to be fixed with 4.2.2.
    Thank you.