Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.2.2 OTA on the way

HTC One 4.2.2 OTA appears for international users in Taiwan | Android Central

Let's see how fast Developer Editions get it. Does anyone know if rooting the phone disturbs this process?

Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA on the way

Ya just read this article.. Looks like htc didn't rush this and we will be blessed with a great working update..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Gator352 likes this.

I am assuming this is the CID of the International version in Taiwan, Chunghwa-Taiwan CHT__601? Can anyone confirm this? I wouldn't mind changing my CID to it to receive the update and then change it back.

And regarding rooting, I hear it's much safer to be fully stock before updating over the air.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900
    Thanked by:
    amroa 

When will uk unlocked get it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

While its nice to see 4.2.2 from HTC, I am planning on going custom ROM this weekend, likely ViperOne by Team Venom given all of their amazing tweaks and work on it. Its based on 4.2.2 so life will be good and if HTC actually pushes anything worthwhile I am sure the devs are getting that ROM and will put it into their even more awesome work.

I'm done with rooting. I rooted my hTc Touch Pro, Evo, S2, and S3. I tried just about every rom known to mankind. Every one of them had their strengths and weaknesses but I found each one of them had some type of annoying glitch. Like for instance, the messaging app would work but not mms or both would work but it would double the text to the recipient. Updates to the roms would fix those but then it would break wifi. Change to a different rom and it would fly like butter for a few minutes and then crash. Update would fix crashing/reboot problems then all would be ok then 2 days later, I find out I can't receive calls...could make them but not receive...come to find out they added the wrong kernel to the rom for a different carrier...

I know it's fun. I know it's hard to stay stock. But after umpteen rom changes to many different phones, I decided to stay stock as long as everything worked. That's the beauty of android. I can change just about everything I need on the fly with help from the play store. I'm in no way bashing roms, developers, modders, coders, or people that use them...I'm just content with what I have.

Thanks for reading and only one animal was harmed in the making of this post!

P.S.

NSA if you're reading this....blow me.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Thanked by 5:

I think I have tried just about every Sense-based/Touchwiz-based and AOSP ROM on XDA developers, on my HTC One X, Galaxy S3 and finally HTC One. I am running TrickDroid 8 at the moment and I absolutely love it. Every ROM does have a few glitches and issues here and there, but a lot of which are easily fixable by contacting the developer and those great people always provide fixes as soon as possible. I had Viper ROM on my One X but it had a lot of problems and then installed it on my One and it seemed great with all the tweaks and modifications but unfortunately I found it extremely sluggish and laggy compared to other custom ROMs and the stock 4.1.2 ROM - it also heated up the phone fairly quickly, which wasn't that great. I ended up removing it because of how slow it was (installed it twice, both times fresh install, same problems) and installing the Google Edition ROM which was fantastic but I paid so much money for the device, why not take advantage of HTC Sense? I am waiting on the 4.2.2 update to officially come out and I'll be going back to stock for a long time to come, unless a new ROM really sparks an interest in me, which I am sure will happen sooner than later.

BlackBerry 9900

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    I think I have tried just about every Sense-based/Touchwiz-based and AOSP ROM on XDA developers, on my HTC One X, Galaxy S3 and finally HTC One. I am running TrickDroid 8 at the moment and I absolutely love it. Every ROM does have a few glitches and issues here and there, but a lot of which are easily fixable by contacting the developer and those great people always provide fixes as soon as possible. I had Viper ROM on my One X but it had a lot of problems and then installed it on my One and it seemed great with all the tweaks and modifications but unfortunately I found it extremely sluggish and laggy compared to other custom ROMs and the stock 4.1.2 ROM - it also heated up the phone fairly quickly, which wasn't that great. I ended up removing it because of how slow it was (installed it twice, both times fresh install, same problems) and installing the Google Edition ROM which was fantastic but I paid so much money for the device, why not take advantage of HTC Sense? I am waiting on the 4.2.2 update to officially come out and I'll be going back to stock for a long time to come, unless a new ROM really sparks an interest in me, which I am sure will happen sooner than later.
    I'll consider rooting only if HTC allows the software to get way out of date OR if a ROM gets the Sense camera app for my One

I wonder if 4.2.2 for our One's got lost using Apple maps. I bet it's sitting somewhere at the bottom of a lake in Idaho trying to make its way to our carriers....

LMAO! Apple maps ftw.

BlackBerry 9900

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I almost spill my coffee when I read the Apple maps comment lol

This is my first Android phone. How long it takes HTC updates to reach international unlocked versions of their flagships after they are released OTA in Taiwan/Asia? Just so we know an estimate of when it will arrive on our phones and stop checking for updates 2 or 3 times a day

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

More than likely this is a long way off from coming to carrier variants. I wouldn't be checking for an ota just yet.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Regardless of when, if the past is any indicator of the future, we'll have 4.2.2 before Verizon does...unless their version comes with it already loaded, which, is possible.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have read tons of threads on the custom ROMs and while its not for everyone I have decided to give the ViperOne ROM a go. Based on their substantial work and numerous customization's I figure its worth a go. As for 4.2.2 I agree it will come out either just before Verizon gets the H1 which would likely come with it already loaded. Perhaps HTC has all of the carriers testing it and perhaps Verizon wants to launch with it.

Now that I am on a DE H1 I would expect to see it before any US carriers that is for sure.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

4.2.2 update is available in Finland!!! Downloading right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.2.2 OTA on the way-screenshot_2013-07-05-19-19-53.jpg   4.2.2 OTA on the way-screenshot_2013-07-05-19-26-05.jpg   4.2.2 OTA on the way-screenshot_2013-07-05-19-26-15.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    Gator352 and TarekElsakka like this.

Damn! That's nice. I installed 1.28.401 RUU and then checked Software Updates but I only found the 1.29 (224MB) update. My CID at the moment is HTC__001 which is Europe (WWE). What is your CID, Actionasko, and if I change to it and update to 2.24.401, will it be in English or Finnish? Thanks!

BlackBerry 9900

The update is also available in Russia, I just put the Russian "HTC__A07" CID to my french unbranded HTC One (former HTC__203 CID) and got the update, I made an article on my website >

Any guesses as to how many months it will be before US carriers begin updating phones.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Any guesses as to how many months it will be before US carriers begin updating phones.
    Who knows.. Months maybe?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Who knows.. Months maybe?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    You're probably right. I do put my money on Sprint pushing out the update before the other carriers.

Posted via Android Central App

Update available in Romania CID_032

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The weather outside is frightful, 4.2 is so delightful, there's only one place for it to goooo, let it load, let it load, let it loooooooad.....
    amroa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    I'm sure we will get it by 2016.
    Gator352 likes this.

If I change my CID from HTC__J15 to HTC_A07 (Russian) to receive the 4.2.2 update, do I have to change my Model ID as well? It is PN0711000. And do I have to be S-ON or is S-OFF fine?

BlackBerry 9900
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Has the UK received the update? I always figure this is the last place before heading over to the US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast