Yellow tint on my HTC One Screen

nalbagli

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have an international version unlocked of the HTC One and was very happy with it, thing is I just bought a new one from my carrier in chile thing is:
Screen has like a yellow tint that the old one did not have I will post a picture where both are set in the maximum brightness. The problem is I send it to my carrier so they gave me a new one but it has the same issue. Is it that HTC is designing some of the one's with worse quality screens, I am pretty disappointed with this.

Attachments

• la foto.JPG
    la foto.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 96

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There are several different displays HTC used when manufacturing the One. Two are Samsung displays, one is Sharp, and I believe there was a fourth. The Samsung display in my One is awesome with no yellowish tint. You may have a device with another display.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing that information, Rndomuser.

@nalbagli if there's nothing else wrong with your device (blurry camera, gap on the top, gap on the bottom, screen sticking out of the device a little, etc.) then I think you should just keep it and wait for the adhesive to dry up, as mentioned above; if it doesn't, then you'll have no other choice but to get it replaced. If the HTC service center is near you, you can pay them a visit and show them that picture and ask them about this - if they do have any information regarding that adhesive, I am sure they'll share it with you, however tell them that if it doesn't work you'll have to get it replaced as you may find it a bit annoying.

zenzip

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
same issue, I've bought a black international unlocked HTC ONE from amazon.uk around 3 months ago, today I received a new HTC ONE (because the old one have a low charging issue).

I see on new HTC ONE display a strong yellow tint .... so the difference between two screens is big! .. see the image below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/548546/IMG_0028.JPG

so is possible that I must have to wait only for the adhesive to dry? I do not remember that with my first HTC I had this problem...
How can I try to fix? how can I check what brand of display was on the two HTC?

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture of my HTC Rezound a year ago, and my HTC Rezound Refurb. I demanded a new one. I have thoughts that maybe the yellow tint is cause when scratches are being buffered and polished from the screen to make it look like new.

zenzip

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is a picture of my HTC Rezound a year ago, and my HTC Rezound Refurb. I demanded a new one. I have thoughts that maybe the yellow tint is cause when scratches are being buffered and polished from the screen to make it look like new.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/gM7m8pQ.jpg[/URL]
so you think was an issue from refurbished phone? mine htc one seems to be rly new...i dont know if amazon send refurbished phone ...
how can we check that?

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
To check to see if it's a Refurb, I would look at the sticker on the back of the HTC One that has the IMEI, S/N, and P/N in that order, and the sticker is about an inch and a quarter long and half inch wide. When I had my refurbished Rezound, it was not the same sticker that my original had have. I would also turn the screen off and look at it with a bright light, see if you can see any blemishes on the top screen.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC One 32GB Silver T Mobile Smartphone 610214632227 | eBay

Look at the second picture in the gallery on this link. The sticker should look like that. If you don't remember it coming with one, or if it did come with a sticker but it looks different, then its a refurb.Typically, refurbs dont come with this sticker. From buying it three months ago you said, if you have insurance, i would file an insurance claim. If you dont, I would fight and argue that you were sold a defective phone from it having a yellowish tint, and demand that it is covered under the one year manufactures warranty, and get a replacement sent out. Hope this helps

zenzip

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
HTC One 32GB Silver T Mobile Smartphone 610214632227 | eBay

Look at the second picture in the gallery on this link. The sticker should look like that. If you don't remember it coming with one, or if it did come with a sticker but it looks different, then its a refurb.Typically, refurbs dont come with this sticker. From buying it three months ago you said, if you have insurance, i would file an insurance claim. If you dont, I would fight and argue that you were sold a defective phone from it having a yellowish tint, and demand that it is covered under the one year manufactures warranty, and get a replacement sent out. Hope this helps
thanks a lot, but...i can confirm... both my HTC ONE don't have anything on back...so i got 2 refurbished phone? I bought on amazon.uk i don't think that amazon sell refurbished phone as new...

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my One and received it on launch day. I also had to get a replacement phone due to a charging issue with my first One. I'm not sure what it means, but both phones, through Sprint, came with a much smaller sticker on the back of the phone than the one displayed in the photo. Both stickers just displayed the MEID DEC #, nothing else. When I got my replacement one I checked SNDeepInfo - All information on the phone's IMEI or serial number to see when it was manufactured and according to that website it was manufactured on August 4th. The ship date to the Sprint store was August 12th, so I doubt it was a refurb. My first phone had the samsung screen and my second phone has the Sharp version. Overall, I think I liked the Samsung better, but I'm not sure that this Sharp has quite the yellow tint that I see in the pictures above.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I preordered my One and received it on launch day. I also had to get a replacement phone due to a charging issue with my first One. I'm not sure what it means, but both phones, through Sprint, came with a much smaller sticker on the back of the phone than the one displayed in the photo. Both stickers just displayed the MEID DEC #, nothing else. When I got my replacement one I checked SNDeepInfo - All information on the phone's IMEI or serial number to see when it was manufactured and according to that website it was manufactured on August 4th. The ship date to the Sprint store was August 12th, so I doubt it was a refurb. My first phone had the samsung screen and my second phone has the Sharp version. Overall, I think I liked the Samsung better, but I'm not sure that this Sharp has quite the yellow tint that I see in the pictures above.

How did you know what screen you had?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You need a file manager app. I used ES File Explorer Manager from the play store. Look for the "proc" folder on the list of the files on your device. In that folder, search for a document called "last_kmsg" (it's near the bottom). Open that document and send it to drop box. Open it up on your computer (Its a huge file so it's tedious to do on your phone) and search for the lines "panel_id" and "panel_vendor." It will list one of three types of displays
1) PANEL_ID_M7_JDI_Samsung C2_1
2) PANEL_ID_M7_JDI_SAMSUNG_C2_2
3) PANEL_ID_M7_SHARP_RENESAS_CMD

I think #1 is pretty uncommon or no longer used. No idea which is better. There was a huge thread on XDA about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana