Just Switched To HTC One From iPhone 5....Help With Music App

badabing4

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I went and bought a new HTC One because I've been sick of using my iPhone 5. I have a very large collection of music and I'm very frusterated with the stock music app.

I'm very OCD and I have all 25gb of of music tagged properly with the correct artist, song, album, cover art etc. on my computer. When using my iPhone I've never experienced problems with iTunes displaying the wrong cover art than what I have on my computer but for some reason my HTC One is doing just that.

For many of the artists it is displaying the same cover art for all of the songs.

For most people this probably wouldn't be a big deal but when I'm scrolling through thousands of songs this is very frusterating. I can't handle scrolling through over a hundred Jay-Z songs that all display the exact same cover art. I don't understand why my phone won't display the same art that I have on my computer.

I've tried re-starting my phone, clearing the cache of the stock music player and re-starting it. I've tried using the google play music app but that's doing the same thing. When opening the stock music app it asks if I want to use a feature that comes with the phone to automatically find the art for my music but I don't want to do that.

I have everything tagged exactly the way I want it and I don't understand why the phone won't show the correct art?

I really don't want to have to use my iPhone 5 as an mp3 player just to correct this issue. I use my phone as an mp3 player everyday for around 6 hours a day while working at my job so this is kind of a deal-breaker.

Does it have something to do with the size of the cover art?

I know that all of my art is at least 500x500 or larger.

Can someone please help?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No I doubt it. Have you tried to download an iTunes friendly app from the app store ?? There's a few, ones called synctunes used on androids for syncing with iTunes. I think it might solve your issue??

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I used iSyncr to move my iTunes music to my Galaxy S4. It worked beautifully keeping my playlists and album art intact. It can transfer the music via wifi or USB. I think it costs a few dollars but well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure it isn't displaying artist photo instead of album art. It's a setting somewhere in the music app. Frustrated the hell out of me too.