How to disable stock calendar

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the Google calendar since I prefer that over the stock HTC one. However, I am still seeing meetings in the stock one show up in my notification tray when I swipe down.

I can't figure out how to remove this. Unchecked all calendars, turned off notifications etc. Anyone got tips? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
This is probably dumb but did you try opening the stock calendar application, tapping settings > delete and deleting every event listed there? And also disabling calendar sync under Accounts & Sync from any Google account you use?

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Google calendar since I prefer that over the stock HTC one. However, I am still seeing meetings in the stock one show up in my notification tray when I swipe down.

I can't figure out how to remove this. Unchecked all calendars, turned off notifications etc. Anyone got tips? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Go into the App Info for the stock calendar (either by Main Settings-->Apps) or by long pressing on one of those notifications and tapping App Info. Then, hit "Disable." It'll ask if you're sure, yadda yadda. Worked for me!

cafli

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This is kind of weird. If i click on the App (in settings) i'm only able to "stop" it. No choice to deactivate/disable. :confused:

Mike Devenney

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This is probably dumb but did you try opening the stock calendar application, tapping settings > delete and deleting every event listed there? And also disabling calendar sync under Accounts & Sync from any Google account you use?

I know this is an old thread, but to avoid deleting all your calendar entries, I'd suggest *NOT* following the advice above. If you delete all events they will be removed from the Google calendar as well. Just disable the app.

Marco Dolci

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but to avoid deleting all your calendar entries, I'd suggest *NOT* following the advice above. If you delete all events they will be removed from the Google calendar as well. Just disable the app.
On htc one m8 you can't disable the stock calendar, any other suggestion?

urquattro83

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The icon on the screen is the Google Calendar, but it's not listed in 'Application Manager' as such. That icon in the tray is labelled Calendar.
In the 'Application Manager', is the default calendar listed by a different name?
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad