Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ne0ne
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life

My battery life typically goes from fully charged at 8 am to about 50% by 1pm, then dies completely by 6-7pm. This is with low to moderate usage (whatsapp, photo, blinkfeed, light web browsing). This is the only complaint I have. (I try to avoid charging in the middle, usually do a full charge when batt hits 10% to preserve battery longevity)

Is this about right? My iphone 4 used to last till midnight with the same use.

Again, have done pretty much all the apps disabling/screen dimming/power saver/etc tips out there.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Life

Download gsam battery monitor. This will tell you what's using your battery and tell you how much screen time your getting and using.

Generally I've seen an hour of screen time eat 15-20% battery. Sitting 12 hours unattended uses about 10% however this all depends on usage, what you have enabled, etc, etc...

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Try and avoid full cycle charges ie recharging when battery very low, and instead recharge earlier - it will prolong the battery. I get about 24 hours with light use (about an hour's screen time with browsing). I have managed more than 2 days with calls and texts at a music festival - Power saver on, and auto sync off.

Try using Better Battery Stats and you can see what's taking up your battery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Actually I have found the opposite to be true regarding the cycle of the battery charge. I always uses full or almost full cycles and my last phone I had for three years and the battery was still perfect.

However as I no longer want to be a slave to my battery I made sure my first ten cycles were complete. Not only does it condition the battery it allows the software to read the battery properly. Another reason you should always use a full cycle every now and then.

There are many ways to save battery and many apps worth checking out.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    mpanju7 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by batman741 View Post
    My battery life typically goes from fully charged at 8 am to about 50% by 1pm, then dies completely by 6-7pm. This is with low to moderate usage (whatsapp, photo, blinkfeed, light web browsing). This is the only complaint I have. (I try to avoid charging in the middle, usually do a full charge when batt hits 10% to preserve battery longevity)

Is this about right? My iphone 4 used to last till midnight with the same use.

Again, have done pretty much all the apps disabling/screen dimming/power saver/etc tips out there.
    Make sure Google's craptastic GPS asst is off! That was killing my battery like crazy just letting it sit there. Go into the location options and uncheck it. I just use the normal GPS with no data asst. Works better anyways and uses a lot less battery.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

batman741: Which network are you on and what is your signal strength like? Low signal strength can sap the battery very fast on some networks.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Use data enabler widget to kill data when not using, this helps allot with android devices. If that doesn't work exchange it, ended up exchanging my One for a new one, battery life is way better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by daviddlt View Post
    Use data enabler widget to kill data when not using, this helps allot with android devices. If that doesn't work exchange it, ended up exchanging my One for a new one, battery life is way better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Have you noticed a decrease in battery life if you are connected in a wifi area and have the 3g/4g radio on at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lecrae116 View Post
    Have you noticed a decrease in battery life if you are connected in a wifi area and have the 3g/4g radio on at the same time?
    If you are connected to wifi it won't use the 3g/4g radio unless you move out of range of that wifi network.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

If you connect to WiFi it will turn your background data off. Even if it still showing the 3G/4G/4GLTE icons. I use WiFi all the time at home and work. It does save a lot of battery.
    mpanju7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    If you connect to WiFi it will turn your background data off. Even if it still showing the 3G/4G/4GLTE icons. I use WiFi all the time at home and work. It does save a lot of battery.
    I'm on sprint and when im connected to wifi with 3g/4g on it says mobile data "disconnected" until I turn wifi off.Also do you have "google's location service" and "location and google search" diabled?

I'm on sprint and when im connected to wifi with 3g/4g on it says mobile data "disconnected" until I turn wifi off
    On the htc one on at&t it is different.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I use BoomSound a lot and it just kills my battery. So to combat that, I put the phone in Power save and just uncheck "put data connection to sleep". I find this helps me immensely. On a good day I can get about 14 hours before needing a charge.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper 5.8 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by jyoho1981 View Post
    I use BoomSound a lot and it just kills my battery. So to combat that, I put the phone in Power save and just uncheck "put data connection to sleep". I find this helps me immensely. On a good day I can get about 14 hours before needing a charge.

You "uncheck" pit data connection to sleep? Meaning you don't use it, right? And you are running stock?
    Last edited by ghostryder12; 07-09-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: additional queation.