HTC One: Does your battery drain from 100-90% very quickly, then from 90% down more slowly?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does your battery drain from 100-90% very quickly, then from 90% down more slowly?

The G2 will stay at 100% for over an hour after you remove it from charge

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

lazers

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does your battery drain from 100-90% very quickly, then from 90% down more slowly?

Well today i put it on charge in office, it got to 100 percent and stayed there for around 20 min. I was away from my seat at that time, when i came back, i saw it charged and unplugged. This time it took 20 min before battery started showing a drop. The only difference this time was that it was plugged in even after 100 percent, normally i would immediately unplug when it shows fully charged.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

fillizof

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem with my HTC ONE!
It happens even when i shut my phone down. Lets say i have 60% battery when i shut down. When i turn it on, shows that i have 54% left bla bla.. all the time. It makes me sick. Any solution for this?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem with my HTC ONE!
It happens even when i shut my phone down. Lets say i have 60% battery when i shut down. When i turn it on, shows that i have 54% left bla bla.. all the time. It makes me sick. Any solution for this?

Booting the phone uses battery power...

The screen is on and the processor is working probably near 100% to boot the system. No free power there.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Not any more. It was doing that right after the update, and it was draining really quickly overall if I used the phone. If I let it sit I'd have battery for days, but any activity resulted in quick battery drain, and it did seem faster at the beginning and the end. However I bit the bullet and factory reset the phone and I haven't seen battery life like this since I bought the phone. Seriously it's that good. Even I have a hard time believing it and I'm living it. 16 hour yesterday and only down to 23%. That's gaming, texting, calling, surfing, and running a couple of my favorite apps.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Within a few minutes of taking my phone off the charger in the morning its down to 96-97%. The battery seems to drain exceedingly fast down to 90% or so, but then after that the battery drain is very slow for the rest of the day. Anyone else see this with their phone?

I was instructed by HTC to do a battery calibration, the instructions were to turn fast boot off, let the phone charge while on for at least ten minutes, turn the phone off while still plugged in, and hold power, volume up, and volume down for two minutes. The phone will rehoot several times. This helped my phone with the 10% drop.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Grahams_Boy

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have just got my shiny new HTC one ( and first ever android!!) and noticed this same thing. Seems the answer is clear in this thread so thanks to all in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I was instructed by HTC to do a battery calibration, the instructions were to turn fast boot off, let the phone charge while on for at least ten minutes, turn the phone off while still plugged in, and hold power, volume up, and volume down for two minutes. The phone will rehoot several times. This helped my phone with the 10% drop.

Very good advice ! Worked for me !

Posted via Android Central App

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

How do you hold volume up AND volume down at the same time? Am I missing something?

The volume "rocker" isn't a true rocker. There are two individual buttons there. Just try it, you can feel them.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

How do you hold volume up AND volume down at the same time? Am I missing something?

I used two fingers on my right hand to hold the volume keys at the bottom and top and my left hand to hold the power button

Mr_Pique

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
In reply to pete6032 (original poster): Yes, and the phone is two weeks old. Tonight it went from 100% to 95% in about half an hour. Might have received one sms during that time. Phone is always in battery-saving mode, including the location setting, many processes disabled, and I always turn off the screen when I put it down.
HTC One M7.
--Eric

botsolutions

May 16, 2015
Visit site
It seems like there is a lot of problem with HTC's batteries.

I got my brand new m7 about a week ago. It was shutting down on about 30%, weird.
Then I noticed that when i charged my phone fully and then rebooted the phone, it showed 70%. So before reboot 100%, after reboot 70%.
Anybody who is facing with this issue do this:
1. reboot in safe mode --> recovery --> clear cache --> reboot the phone (it should still show ~70%)
2. turn off the phone
3. put it on the charger
Now you should charge the phone to 100% while it's turned off. Then remove the cable and turn on. If it shows 100% you are good to go.
I also did a factory reset, but i'm not sure if it is required step in the process. I don't want to test it out because of obvious reasons :D

Bolandgalaxy

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, same on my GS5. Not when I first got the phone, but since the Lollipop update, which is not to point the finger at that update, even if differential power needs for a given OS on the same phone makes reasonable sense, as do overall battery age and usage habits. My battery does not perform now as it did when brand new (less than one year old), or prior to Lollipop, but it isn't new anymore, and it is running a more power-intensive OS. Just the change from black to white backgrounds would (does) have an effect on overall battery life, certainly during usage. But I think the most important answers in this thread point out that battery life, even on the same phones, is going to vary significantly based on personal usage habits, apps, settings, those sorts of things. Unless your phone becomes virtually unchargeable or won't hold a charge well, and this is a sudden, new issue, I would not panic over that first 10% of juice burning relatively fast.
Just FYI, I say these things AFTER having read through various answers here, as I was researching the exact same thing. But in reading, a concensus emerges, which is reasonable, and therefore the most likely explanation, if not the only one. Thanks for the input from users on this forum.

dBigD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I hope this will clarify some things.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871051

I am not allowed to post links yet. :'(