Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Default Navigation and Maps icon disappeared??

Not sure what happened, but on my home screen, I have my Phone, Contacts, Maps, and Navigation all in the first icon. Few days later, the Maps and Navigation icon disappeared and does not show in the apps list, although the apps ARE installed when I look in the settings/apps. I'm not sure how to get the icons back and I can't use either of the programs until I find a way to access them. Anyone familiar with this issue or know how to fix it? I'm on T-Mobile network.

Default Re: Navigation and Maps icon disappeared??

Quote Originally Posted by Sesami View Post
    Not sure what happened, but on my home screen, I have my Phone, Contacts, Maps, and Navigation all in the first icon. Few days later, the Maps and Navigation icon disappeared and does not show in the apps list, although the apps ARE installed when I look in the settings/apps. I'm not sure how to get the icons back and I can't use either of the programs until I find a way to access them. Anyone familiar with this issue or know how to fix it? I'm on T-Mobile network.
    Latest Google Maps update merge the icons/apps together. The maps icon should be somewhere in there.

Thanks very much! You're a lifesaver. I thought something had gone wrong with my Droid...

I have not used the maps feature much, but definitely the navigation with the blue icon. I reset my phone to factory settings and it was there again, but gone the next day (after an update). Your post said it was buried... before I reset to factory settings, could you tell me how to access it?

Hi! It would appear the blue 'Nav' icon has been binned and now you access everything from the 'Maps' icon. It's all still there, inside the app, including favourites etc.

I just got 4.2.2 update and now the Navigation icon is back.

I still can't find the blue Navigation icon! Even when opening apps! Where is it?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app