How's everyone enjoying their One still?

Rob Walker 3rd

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been out for a little bit now and we have all done our reviews and still like to brag about the phone. But now since the "shiny" new factor is gone for some how do you still like the phone?

I honestly find myself using it less, way less than when i had an iPhone for the last half decade or so. That in no way is a bad thing either. I have it all decked out as minimalist as possible, my phone is clean looking, runs amazing and i find very dependable. The novelty of the phone to me is almost different from my iPhone, where i really only liked it for games. Maybe it's triggered a more laid back phone/ tech lifestyle, I'm not glued to my phone as much.

I have hundreds and hundreds of photos on the phone (amazing camera), i find myself to have little or no use for the speakers since everything i tend to do involves a headset but that's OK.

Still going strong and not looking back!

I'm going to have to give an alternate keyboard a try very soon though, i think the stock one is the only real gripe i have with the phone. I believe everyone was using swift key now?

/endnonsenceinternetstatement

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
IMO it's the second best Super Phone so far owned, behind Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and LG nexus 4 taking third place.

As much as I love it I'm bored, Nova Launcher Prime can only do so much. :) I recently sold my Samsung Galaxy S4 for nexus and I'm playing/using it more than the One.

HenryWiygul

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Is great to hear that you are enjoying your One. It really is a completely unique Android phone.

So far I have been really enjoying my One. I've had it for about a month or so now and it's basically been an extension of my arm the whole time. I did have to switch my first one for a different one because of some software bugs but it was quick and painless.

I am coming from a Samsung Infuse 4G that was running 2.3 Froyo so Jellybean is a very big improvement. I have had no complaints with this phone at all (except for the software bug but as I said that has been resolved). It has been the best smartphone experience I gave had yet. Everything from the screen to the speakers has been more then expected. The One has done everything I wanted and more. It has been lag fee since day one.

Although the shiny new phone feel is dying down I still find myself admiring my phone from time to time. It really is beautiful. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. I have been stopped countless times by random people asking about my phone. I give them a quick demo and I can tell they are envious. Especially when I give them a blast of music through the Boom sound speakers.

This phone has actually improved my productivity especially with Google Now. I will be glad when the update rolls out mostly because it will fix the black menu bar that haunts many of my apps.

I am looking forward to two years of enjoyment out of this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had my one just over a month. I still love it just as much as the day I got it, if not more.

In the past four weeks I have tried multiple roms including the Google play edition roms. Experimented with custom kernels, etc.

I didn't like the fact the HTC button didn't do anything out of the box, however I now have it working as a menu button.

The power button was in an odd location but thanks to bulletproof kernel I now have swipe right across capacitive area to wake and left to sleep. Long press HTC logo to wake or sleep. Double tap bottom inch or screen to wake but I didn't enable that. I also found out a way to use volume keys as wake.

Currently I am on ARHD 12 with the bulletproof kernel. Basically sense 5 on 4.2.2 which I enjoy. The Google play roms are nice now that the sense camera app has been ported. Once the gallery is ported it may be my daily driver.

I know this is not a modding post however you asked how I have enjoyed it and if I still do.

Coming from an iPhone I use the one more.

Its a great phone with a fantastic build quality. I know some have had issues however I have zero gaps, stuck pixels or any other issues to speak of.

Sent from my HTC One

Rob Walker 3rd

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
See I didn't want to use the word bored because I don't think I should be glued to my phone for x amount of time. I'm for sure in the same boat about randomly admiring the phone. I'll just take it off sleep, look at the lock screen, clean off the aluminum back. I see the market for all smart phones, iPhones, S4, really just about the flavor.

I love android, this being my first once I got the ropes down it was all love.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I also still love mine. I have had it since late April and it still never bored me. This is the phone I feel I can keep for the next couple if years without having phone envy.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is an extremely useful post.

I had no idea that the HTC button was actually an active button with functionality crippled by Sense 5.0.

I also had no idea that one could achieve using swipes to turn on/off the phone. HTC's biggest hardware flaw tends to be the physical buttons, so this is a huge relief. You're making me consider the One instead of the S4 I have now (I could also really use the speakers since I use my phones as speakerphones a lot). If only the One had a barometer...

How hard was it to do all the modding? And which aspects of Sense (what functions) do you miss most?

I have had my one just over a month. I still love it just as much as the day I got it, if not more.

In the past four weeks I have tried multiple roms including the Google play edition roms. Experimented with custom kernels, etc.

I didn't like the fact the HTC button didn't do anything out of the box, however I now have it working as a menu button.

The power button was in an odd location but thanks to bulletproof kernel I now have swipe right across capacitive area to wake and left to sleep. Long press HTC logo to wake or sleep. Double tap bottom inch or screen to wake but I didn't enable that. I also found out a way to use volume keys as wake.

Currently I am on ARHD 12 with the bulletproof kernel. Basically sense 5 on 4.2.2 which I enjoy. The Google play roms are nice now that the sense camera app has been ported. Once the gallery is ported it may be my daily driver.

I know this is not a modding post however you asked how I have enjoyed it and if I still do.

Its a great phone with a fantastic build quality. I know some have had issues however I have zero gaps, stuck pixels or any other issues to speak of.

Sent from my HTC One

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for a few weeks and it still amazes me :)

I love the screen, the speakers, the speed and the camera/microphones. It hasn't let me down. They I some things I hate but I still love it as much as when it was brand new. And when I do finally get bored, I'll just use a launcher :-D

Sent from my HTC One :)

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One

Would you mind showing the instruction how to wake/sleep like yours ?
I'm interested but new to Android
Thank you in advance :D

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I had one for a few days but I hated that the Blinkfeed was not removeable or moveable. Also, I absolutely hated the photo gallery being packed with Facebook. Those two things drove me nuts. Now I have a galaxy S4 and it's okay. It is actually my son's but ge wanted to try my iphone 5 out for a few days so we swapped temporarily. Now he wants an iPhone so this S4 will be up for trade in a day or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine a few months now. I still enjoy just as much as the day that I got it. Even if I plan to get the next Nexus device I will always love my HTC One! Favorite phone to date so far. Beating out all of my WebOS devices even!

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Loving it... Have had it for a bit over a month but in love... Never admired a phone like this one.. It's like a one device for all purposes...
Now 3 of my closest relatives have HTC one's...
Great... I just hope the performance doesn't drop after first 6 months.. Not planning to download too many apps

Posted via Android Central App

chiporlee

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny I agree with you but we are in the minority. Just got used to nexus 4 which is not tricked up with blinkfeed and heavy Sense skin.
I even prefer the form factor of nexus 4 shape and glass feel. I know the HTC one has more power and storage but I like NEXUS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for two months. I have enjoyed it. It's my personal digital assistant and it has performed flawlessly. I am running Android Revolution HD 10, (will update to 12 when I get home in a few days) , Apex launcher (free), iOS Flat theme. (No carrier crapware. Yay! )

It's an inanimate object, I don't 'love' it. I am not emotionally attached to it. I don't get 'bored' or excited over it. I don't look to it to provide life satisfaction, it's a tool, an assistant. But yes, sometimes it is used to provide entertainment. ;)

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. It works great and is beautiful phone. Everyone has a Galaxy phone and they all look the same. Its cool not having the same phone as every one. I like HTC the earliest phone I had of theirs was the Tilt. You kids probably don't remember it. HTC has always made great phones. I'm just worried about there support as late. They don't seem to support the phones they make very long. I know there will be rooted ways to get updates but I'm a stock guy. So I hope HTC keeps the updates coming.

Rob Walker 3rd

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Another funny thing to my satisfaction with the phone is summing it up between iPhones and s4s is easy and unbiased.

my last trip to Minnesota for a sister in law's wedding, my brother in law bought one because of mine!

I get back to Texas, two of my rugby teammates bought it because of the camera and rugby pictures I showed.

easy to just show the phone than talk. This device is so practical and clean.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love it.. Came form a S3 and this phone is fast, responsive, and just all around good. I like the camera for my needs and I actually do like the Sense UI + Blink feed.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781