1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing App Icons

I have another Android phone that allows me to customize my icons by long-pressing an icon and then selecting a different one. My One doesn't seem to allow this. How do i change the icons or can i? Sheesh!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Changing App Icons

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Milner View Post
    I have another Android phone that allows me to customize my icons by long-pressing an icon and then selecting a different one. My One doesn't seem to allow this. How do i change the icons or can i? Sheesh!

Thanks!
    You can use desktop visualizer to create custom icons and replace the stock ones:

On your other Android device there may have been a third party launcher installed, which you can install as well. Search the play store for launchers and you'll find a few. Nova, adw and Apex are some of my favorites.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

If you want that functionality you can use a third party launcher. Nova and Apex are among the most popular ones. They have free and paid versions.

With them you can long press an icon, select edit, tap the icon and select a new one. You can also use icons packs and apply them to change all the icons at once. There are tons of free icons packs but my favorites are paid: Stark, Goolors, Minimal UI, Click UI and flatro.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the suggestions...really appreciated. I'll try the launchers and see how it goes...

I've tried several launchers and I like Nova the best, but everyone has thier favorite. One of the nice things is that any aftermarket themes support pretty much any of the major launchers. I found one I really like the look of called Concept Key Lime Pie:

Also, a little off topic but if you really like customization, I heartily reccomend Zooper Widget: or the Pro version:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing App Icons-screenshot_2013-07-17-13-27-43.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks! I like Key Lime Pie...and am going to give Zooper Widget a shot as well....