Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Mouse

Hey folks. I'm having a major headache hooking up my One to a device that uses bluetooth mouse functionality to allow me to mirror the phone screen to my in-car display in a Lexus. The device is an IVIC 5D from Vais Technologies. The problem here is although I got the phone to pair with the device initially, I can't get it to hook up anymore. When I look in the bluetooth list, the device is still there, but it won't auto-connect and when I tap on it, the darned thing tell me to "move the mouse to reconnect." Now, since it isn't "really" a mouse, it's going to be really hard to reconnect in this manner. This DOES NOT happen with a Samsung phone; it hooks up every time and stays connected.

I suspect HTC has changed something in the bluetooth stack somehow to keep this from connecting in order to save battery life (or it could be AT&T, but I don't give them that much credit), but since I'm plugged into car power for this through an MHL adapter, it really doesn't matter. Any ideas on how to fix this? The techs at Vais are looking into it, but I thought someone here might have an answer.

Thanks in Advance for any help! I know this isn't something everyone will be trying.

Default Re: Bluetooth Mouse

I also have an htc one and an ivic 5D. i just bought mine a little while ago and have experienced the same issue. if you find a solution be sure to post it. I find that if I unplug my phone and then turn bluetooth off then back on, and then replug it in that usually works. Thanks, also does your phone's battery drain very quickly while connected to the ivic. It isn't the ivic's fault simply the mhl adapter (i think). I am considering getting a miracast device and seeing if I can somehow connect it still so I can use the touch display as a wireless mouse like it was intended.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

We never resolved the issue. the Vais guys actually went out and purchased an HTC One and had a lot of the same issues. I'm not sure if something might have changed with the 4.3 update, but I don't really want to repurchase the IVIC and have it re-installed just to run into the same issues. I could never get it to work after that one time. Most unfortunate since it's really the only solution to getting my phone hooked up (oh, and it's really cool). I notice that the Vais website still doesn't list the phone specifically in the compatibility list.

I am also considering miracast has anyone been able to make that work?