Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 0313hamiksu
  • 1 Post By haszek
  • 1 Post By ajua
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.2.2 Update

Ok, the update 4.2.2 is out for HTC one and my device is prompting me to update it.

However, I am holding off the update because of one reason.

For my Asus Nexus 7, after updating to 4.2.2, it has this severe battery drain during sleep mode
    where in just nine hours of idle mode, the battery can drop from 100% to 42%.

so naturally I am having doubts in updating my HTC One to 4.2.2.

so what I am asking here is, has anyone updated to 4.2.2 for HTC one..
    If yes, any such drain issues for it (or other problems) after the update?

Thanks .
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Default Re: Android 4.2.2 Update

just checked both my phone settings>>about>>Software updates. NADA.
    AT&T software update. same result.
    and this link
    followed by clicking the Updates portion of News and Downloads. Only download there is the
    maintenance release from May.
    are you in the US or another country. US has not gotten the update yet. If it has, AT&T hasn't
    pushed it out to our phones yet.
    ~gabriel
    Thanked by:

Where are you from?

Sent from my BNTV600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Currently in Malaysia.

I got the update prompt yesterday..
    here's the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android 4.2.2 Update-screenshot_2013-07-20-11-10-54.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    908 Global Posts

I have no battery drain on my Nexus 4 running 4.2.2.
    And I'm sure my One will have no issues when we finally get the update here in the States.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

i do update my one 802w to 4.2.2 with no issue at all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:

I've got issues with proximity sensor after update :/ on auto brightness phone constantly changes brightness. After I answer the call I can't end it, or use keypad etc. because screen is off all the time. I also think reception is slightly worse. Less bars and I sometimes loose signal completely which has never happened before. Battery... I always had good battery life (except when WiFi was on-so never used it) it's still good, but sometimes have weird battery drops caused by 'android system'

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
    prarjun1990 likes this.

Hard reset your Nexus 7 and the battery drain issue should go away.
    Im on 4.2.2 on my nexus 7 and can leave it in my laptop bag for days on wifi with little battery drain..
    Also comparing a 4.2.2 update from a nexus 7 to the HTC One is like comparing apples to bananas. If you want to compare them fairly, seek other people who have done HTC One 4.2.2 updates and see what they say.. Also hop on the Nexus 7 forums and see if the sleep battery drain is a known issue after the 4.2.2 update.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hi wong.. You also from Malaysia?
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Did Hard factory reset for Nexus 7, the problem is still there, even with no apps installed..

Did, check out this problem in other android sites and there are quite a number of users who have the same problem as me..
    My only solution is to power down the nexus after each use at the moment..

at question at the moment is the android 4.2.2 OS , not the device in particular.
    If you search around the net, this battery drain after 4.2.2 is not limited to just Nexus 7 nor HTC one (this one I saw two users so far who had this drain problem
    after updating), there are even some samsung users (Dont recall what device he was using).

so naturally, I am wary of updating it at the moment and would love more feedback from others first..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I've been following the enormous thread for the 4.2.2 update at XDA and there are only a few reports about battery drain. I would update the One and make a factory reset after that just to be sure everything is as it should. Then let the phone auto calibrate the battery again after a few days/charging cycles.
    Topgonzo likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    I've been following the enormous thread for the 4.2.2 update at XDA and there are only a few reports about battery drain. I would update the One and make a factory reset after that just to be sure everything is as it should. Then let the phone auto calibrate the battery again after a few days/charging cycles.
    hmm

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0313hamiksu View Post
    hmm
    I just offered an opinion after all I've read about the update. You can wait for more reports if you are worried about this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    I just offered an opinion after all I've read about the update. You can wait for more reports if you are worried about this.
    No no, I am just considering what you said... plus the reminder keeps popping up and annoying me.. LOL

Dude I'm also facing the same problem of battery getting drain by over night with my nexus 4.. i'm still trying to figure out the reason..

I can feel some of the above problems with my 4.2.2 on nexus 4

I have been running Android Revolution HD (which is a 4.2.2 Sense ROM) for about six weeks or so. I haven't had any battery issues. Rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Willie View Post
    I have been running Android Revolution HD (which is a 4.2.2 Sense ROM) for about six weeks or so. I haven't had any battery issues. Rock solid.
    Just installed this rom yesterday...so far I am impressed. Too early to tell if there are any battery issues.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by prarjun1990 View Post
    Dude I'm also facing the same problem of battery getting drain by over night with my nexus 4.. i'm still trying to figure out the reason..
    Me too, todate, I have yet to find a reason on how to solve this issue.
    Quite a number of ppl kindly suggested to just full hard reset the device
    but that method didnt remove my problem at all. Now I am forced to shutdown my
    nexus 7 after each use just to prolong my battery life.. Highly annoying.

Your update on HTC One, or some other device?

Quote Originally Posted by flexfield View Post
    Just installed this rom yesterday...so far I am impressed. Too early to tell if there are any battery issues.
    Well, I decided to take the plunge and update my HTC One (the update reminder is annoying me immensely)
    and left it on idle after a full 100% recharge the previous night. 9 hours later, it dropped only 6%
    in idle mode.. YAY! No Battery drain issue. Time for a battery stress test for my normal usage..

Quote Originally Posted by 0313hamiksu View Post

Your update on HTC One, or some other device?

Well, I decided to take the plunge and update my HTC One (the update reminder is annoying me immensely)
    and left it on idle after a full 100% recharge the previous night. 9 hours later, it dropped only 6%
    in idle mode.. YAY! No Battery drain issue. Time for a battery stress test for my normal usage..
    HTC One
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

HTC One
    The best of the best..
    Too bad the camera picture clarity not as good... no surprise since it is only 4 mega pixel..
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

initial testrun of battery after update..

I am damn impressed.

With my normal usage of my HTC one, I normally hit the 60% or below range around noon time..

Today with my usual usage of random picture snapshots, lots of whatsapp messaging and so forth,
    I hit 60% in the evening..

Massively impressed..