"I" to "O" Autocorrect pissing me off *solved*

NightRacer

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I just got my HTC One a week ago and so far im in love. Being new into the smartphone world in strange, but cool. The "smartest" phone I ever had was a Razr flip phone back how long ago. Good times...
Anyway, so far im having no problems except one. I got my first One and it was good, up untill a couple days ago where it unlocked in my pocket and kept calling random numbers, or playing music all on its own, and then freaking out latter that day while using it, and camera kept crashing. Then my battery port broke and I couldn't charge it, so I got a free replacement in my 14 day window.
Now my new phone is doing this thing where every time I type an I it changes to an O. Every time. Its also changing Os is words to Ps, and I slowed my typing down and deliberately and carefully hit each key ot make sure im not typo-ing, and im not, the second I hit space after an I or O in a word it will change. My first phone didnt do this and im so confused. Even if its an I in a word, it thinks I mean an o and then completely replace the entire word that makes no sense. Im ok using the default keyboard, but if another keyboard will fix this I guess I can give it a try. I tried the calibration tool, and nothing changed. One a side note I think it also has a passive-censor where every time I type a swear word it changes? I dont know but im beginning to lose my patience.
also, nothing major, just curious, my first phone was tagged "Sprint" on the top of the screen and on the notification shade, but this phone is tagged "HTC" Why is that? did I get a non-branded version? At first I thought it would effect my data or service, but it seems to be ok.
Thanks for any help
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It was Auto current word predict, I had to disable swype to allow me to un-check it, so now I have no auto correct, but at least ill have sentences that make sense.

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you added the I to the auto correct words or phrases. Try deleting the whole list in input settings and see if it works. My only gripe with the stock keyboard is the way it handles addition to the custom lists. It will save a word if you tap the left most of the suggested words, sometimes making you to save something you don't want to save. Also, it should let you edit the list as it only offers a delete all option.

Other than that, I'm good with the keyboard and like it. I have yet to try Google Keyboard or SwiftKey.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have that very similar issue! However, it only happens on my landscape keyboard.. very strange. And it works on all of HTC apps and pre loaded apps (messaging, browser, chrome,) but when I pull up Facebook or this app and go to landscape it screws up all my words.. very weird. Seems to be mainly facebook as this last sentence was typed in landscape

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I just got my HTC One a week ago and so far im in love. Being new into the smartphone world in strange, but cool. The "smartest" phone I ever had was a Razr flip phone back how long ago. Good times...
Anyway, so far im having no problems except one. I got my first One and it was good, up untill a couple days ago where it unlocked in my pocket and kept calling random numbers, or playing music all on its own, and then freaking out latter that day while using it, and camera kept crashing. Then my battery port broke and I couldn't charge it, so I got a free replacement in my 14 day window.
Now my new phone is doing this thing where every time I type an I it changes to an O. Every time. Its also changing Os is words to Ps, and I slowed my typing down and deliberately and carefully hit each key ot make sure im not typo-ing, and im not, the second I hit space after an I or O in a word it will change. My first phone didnt do this and im so confused. Even if its an I in a word, it thinks I mean an o and then completely replace the entire word that makes no sense. Im ok using the default keyboard, but if another keyboard will fix this I guess I can give it a try. I tried the calibration tool, and nothing changed. One a side note I think it also has a passive-censor where every time I type a swear word it changes? I dont know but im beginning to lose my patience.
also, nothing major, just curious, my first phone was tagged "Sprint" on the top of the screen and on the notification shade, but this phone is tagged "HTC" Why is that? did I get a non-branded version? At first I thought it would effect my data or service, but it seems to be ok.
Thanks for any help
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It was Auto current word predict, I had to disable swype to allow me to un-check it, so now I have no auto correct, but at least ill have sentences that make sense.

If you go to your settings > applications > all.... find your keyboard. I would wipe all data and cache. Do the same for anything related. (I dont know the names of the applications running in the background) and see if that fixes it. I had the same issue once on a different phone. but fixed it by clearing all the data related to my keyboard/autocorrect

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
This exact same thing is happening to me when I type in landscape mode. When I type horizontally <sp> I don't have that problem. I still get auto-correct but that other crap don't happen in horizontal mode... ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC