Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default For those of you on the fence about removing your Beats Audio logo on the back of the HTC One...

Did it tonight. Used non-acetone nail polish remover. The aluminum and white strip still look brand new, the sheen of either has stayed the same. Pics:

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    Thanked by:
    hodan, HNNNNNGHHH and AMG_Roadster like this.

Default Re: For those of you on the fence about removing your Beats Audio logo on the back of the One...

I didn't know people wanted to remove it.. But I guess if they did they know how to now lol .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Default Re: For those of you on the fence about removing your Beats Audio logo on the back of the One...

Why would anyone want to remove it? I think it adds a little character.

But to note:

You just voided your warranty!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Ezduzit and NKYRacing like this.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

That actually looks really clean...
    brb want to do mine now. haha

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Well that was exhilarating...

CLEAN.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For those of you on the fence about removing your Beats Audio logo on the back of the HTC One...-img_20130722_144535.jpg  
    Topgonzo and BluBrett like this.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Huh, I'll do it when I get home.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

But to note:

You just voided your warranty!
    So I guess if it rubbed off from using a case you void your warranty?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Would doubt a case would rub it off that cleab

Mighty Note II

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    Would doubt a case would rub it off that cleab

Mighty Note II
    But I doubt it would void your warranty

get in da mix

Where did we get this info that your warranty is voided if the beats logo is gone, just curious if this is real or just jibberish, the seal of the case wasn't broke, software wasn't changed, phone didn't get wet or dropped don't see it affecting warranty

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk 2
    djjeffa likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

No removing case decorations does not void your warranty at all, that's silly.

I personally like the new look, it looks more clean and professional. Beats is being used so much now, its not even an exclusive feature anymore. So why bother even advertising it?

Sent from my paranoid s3...
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    BluBrett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    No removing case decorations does not void your warranty at all, that's silly.

I personally like the new look, it looks more clean and professional. Beats is being used so much now, its not even an exclusive feature anymore. So why bother even advertising it?

Sent from my paranoid s3...
    Because I hold my phone in my hand and I can guarantee that no one ever sees it on my phone.. Why? Trust me.. People don't care that much about your phone .

Gator352 and VidJunky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Because I hold my phone in my hand and I can guarantee that no one ever sees it on my phone.. Why? Trust me.. People don't care that much about your phone .

But, but, but...it's such a SHINY phone.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Lol, you really think anyone's gonna notice if I ever need warranty service? Not to mention I've seen complaints of the logo rubbing partially off from normal un-cased usage. I love the look now, the red looked out of place.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

I really want to do this and remove my carrier logo.

HTC One - ARHD GE 2.0 / ARHD 12.1 Bulletproof kernel
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    I really want to do this and remove my carrier logo.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Then do it! Literally takes 10 seconds.

OP used non-acetone... I used nail polish remover WITH acetone...
    Absolutely NO signs of the logo.. no scuffs.. no marks.. nothing.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

As far as I know, the carrier logos CANNOT be fully removed. I am lucky enough tonknot have any carrier logos, but some have reported the AT&T logo being etched in.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Doesn't feel etched in.

Wait. I think it may be slightly. Orwell.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post
    But I doubt it would void your warranty

Don't you see the big smile after "You just voided your warranty!"...................I was kidding! Geesh!

People are so enamored with removing the beats logo that sense of humor got flushed in the toilet!!

Mine's already half removed just from regular use, I think I will remove the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzyclonecattleman View Post
    Mine's already half removed just from regular use, I think I will remove the rest!
    Mine is also almost worn off from regular use. I don't have a case and the word beats is gone.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by cdknight View Post
    Mine is also almost worn off from regular use. I don't have a case and the word beats is gone.

Posted via Android Central App
    Same, the red beats is almost gone.

So should we remove it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    So should we remove it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Up to you. Doesn't hurt anything. If you don't like it....remove tha sucka!!

Has anyone done this with the black version of the One?
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast