Just asked my carrier about 4.2 for the HTC One and this was there reply...

NKYRacing

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
2zt9b39.png

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Haha... In other words, "We don't care if the rest of the world has it already. You ain't gonna get it. "

edit: I'm on a dev 32gb One in the US, and I still don't have it. It's just plain annoying.

Also, I have no idea why I'm so eager to get the 4.2.2 update that I keep 'checking for software updates' a few times everyday. It's probably just the fact that the whole world has the update and we don't :(

Last edited:

xeron72548

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Why not just root your phone and put ARHD on there. It is stock 4.2.2 from HTC. There is nothing wrong with it. I have beeni using it for a few months now

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got this response from Sprint:

"Thank you for the post. That is a great question. I know a lot of people are waiting. Unfortunately, at this time, HTC hasn't given us a date for the 4.2.2 release yet. Once we know a date, we will announce it either on newsroom.sprint.com or on our communities page.

- *Kitty"

NKYRacing

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
What does 4.2.2 have that everyone needs so badly that there has to be a new thread posted every day?

I mean, when we pay for one of the newest androids out we'd like it to run the latest software.

What's with people coming into threads about the 4.2 update just to complain about the people that are curious about 4.2?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I mean, when we pay for one of the newest androids out we'd like it to run the latest software.

What's with people coming into threads about the 4.2 update just to complain about the people that are curious about 4.2?

You didn't answer the question.....

So I can only assume that getting 4.2.2 is nothing more than a status symbol in Android for you. Our phones run amazing. And 4.2.2 doesn't add anything ground breaking. So what's the point in stressing over it...other than to say you have it?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

NKYRacing

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You didn't answer the question.....

So I can only assume that getting 4.2.2 is nothing more than a status symbol in Android for you. Our phones run amazing. And 4.2.2 doesn't add anything ground breaking. So what's the point in stressing over it...other than to say you have it?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I did answer the question. WHEN BUYING ONE OF THE NEWEST SMART PHONES OUT, PEOPLE EXPECT IT TO RUN THE LATEST SOFTWARE. I see nothing wrong with myself, or anyone else, wanting the new smart phone they spent good money on to run the latest software. Now, are you done filling the thread with attempts at starting an argument because someone made a thread that you don't like?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That would be bad, imo. 4.2.2 brings some very real improvements - namely battery percentage in status bar, lock screen widgets and the black bar menu fix, all of which will noticeably better my experience with the phone. The fact that we have to wait till later for them while the rest of the world has had them for a while is ridiculous. It's somewhat of a tradeoff if that means we're getting 4.3 faster, but even that's not guaranteed.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be bad, imo. 4.2.2 brings some very real improvements - namely battery percentage in status bar, lock screen widgets and the black bar menu fix, all of which will noticeably better my experience with the phone. The fact that we have to wait till later for them while the rest of the world has had them for a while is ridiculous. It's somewhat of a tradeoff if that means we're getting 4.3 faster, but even that's not guaranteed.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't complaining, I was asking a question. Thanks, Love Divine. When I want something new, whether it be a car, phone, house, or operating system, when people ask why I want to upgrade, I give them my reasons.. I was just wondering whats in 4.2.2 that is so special and important. Also, you could call the same carrier 5 different times and you would probably get 5 different answers on when an update is coming or not.

NKYRacing

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't complaining, I was asking a question. Thanks, Love Divine. When I want something new, whether it be a car, phone, house, or operating system, when people ask why I want to upgrade, I give them my reasons.. I was just wondering whats in 4.2.2 that is so special and important. Also, you could call the same carrier 5 different times and you would probably get 5 different answers on when an update is coming or not.

That's your choice if you feel the need to explain to others why you want something. Just because you feel the need to explain why you want something to others doesn't mean everyone does.

Sent from my HTC One

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
What does 4.2.2 have that everyone needs so badly that there has to be a new thread posted every day?
The ability to remove Facebook from your gallery. 6 new Highlight types. Reducing the amount of shots saved with a Zoe down to 1 to make it more manageable with photo upload services like Dropbox and Google+. Putting the menu button in the home key to remove the black bar. Adding quick toggles. Moving Power Saver to the Quick Toggles so notifications now auto-expand correctly. The ability to manually select which pics/zoes get added to a highlight video.

Why not just root your phone and put ARHD on there. It is stock 4.2.2 from HTC. There is nothing wrong with it. I have beeni using it for a few months now
It's not available for Sprint phones. Rooting and ROMing is not a one size fits all solution. Ever.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Idk I don't really mind not having it, I already have almost everything using apps from the play store battery minder and extended settings for the notification bar, I also read some users experiencing battery issues after the 4.2.2 update, happy anyway !

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Be patient guys, when you buy a non stock phone don't expect updates instantly. My personal rule of thumb buy the o.s you can live with, any update is a bonus surprise.

Unless if you have a nexus and your waiting a month after the update is released to get it than you maybe able to get grumpy.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been cleaned up. Lets keep the conversation civil, please. Everyone likes a little juicy gossip, it was nice of the OP to share this for those that care. For those that don't, please don't derail the thread.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

NKYRacing

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been cleaned up. Lets keep the conversation civil, please. Everyone likes a little juicy gossip, it was nice of the OP to share this for those that care. For those that don't, please don't derail the thread.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Thank ya, Ma'am.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
There are apps out there to add quick toggles and battery percentage in status bar. Rooting is a great option

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The 4.2.2 update does have some nice additions. Small things like the expandable notifications do help sometimes. Quick settings is nice as well. Regardless of if they skip 4.2.2 or not, it will be worth the wait.

For anyone who just has to have the latest update, you could always just install a custom ROM like android revolution. Its a sense 5 ROM based on android 4.2.2. Its very stable and happens to be one of my favorite sense ROMs. Its identical to stock sense 5 with 4.2.2 additions. I was switching between that and the android revolution google play ROM, but now I'm testing modaco switch. Dual boot between sense 5 and google play edition while utilizing the same apps and user data. It rocks.

HTC One - MoDaCo.switch /ARHD 12.1 & GE 2.0 + Bulletproof
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod