Phone time randomly changes.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone delt with this problem? Currently it's 7:33 am here, my time was reading correctly and then changed to 2:33am. Can't figure out why it changed but it's really annoying.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Under date and time do you have these options set? (see below)

Also if so... What carrier?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1374756930523.jpg
    1374756930523.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 13

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Under date and time do you have these options set? (see below)

Also if so... What carrier?

Sure do. I took it off network update and haven't had anymore issues. I just turned network update back on to see if it happens again. I'm on Sprint.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the same issue yesterday. After I Restarted my phone, the 'Set time' popup showed up on the screen. I was driving, so I just clicked OK. I think it selected a different time zone or DST was off/on, but my time was an hour off. Later, after I reached home and connected to WiFi, I noticed that the time was pulled back an hour and then showed the correct time.

Weird.

Note: Unlocked 32GB on AT&T. Yes, I do have those two options checked too.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is still doing their vision plan and tower upgrades here so I didn't know if it was due to that or something separate. I'm thinking network now because I've had no issues with it turned off.

Does anyone know if the time change feature works with GPS or carrier network? I don't travel all the time but I do like how it auto changes the time for me. If it's GPS based I'll just leave my time as manual.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is still doing their vision plan and tower upgrades here so I didn't know if it was due to that or something separate. I'm thinking network now because I've had no issues with it turned off.

Does anyone know if the time change feature works with GPS or carrier network? I don't travel all the time but I do like how it auto changes the time for me. If it's GPS based I'll just leave my time as manual.

It is network vision. Before I switched me and buddies on Sprint woke up a few times to our phones showing a few hours behind.. It is them doing work and messing it up.

mary1973

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My phone timings changes randomly from Central European Summer Time to India Standard Time and vice versa. I can't even set the alarm or check time in my mobile. I did all the possible changes in the settings, but no use. Its irritating. Kindly help. My phone is Android Version 5.0.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae