Random Phantom Notification Sounds

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
For the past week or so, and with a frequency of 2 to 3 times a day, I am receiving an audible notification tone (same as I get when I recive a text message), but when I pull down the notification shade, there is no notification of any sort there.

I have checked my email and Google Now, and notifications are off. I have uninstalled all recently installed apps. I have done a soft reset. I have called HTC Support, and they are unaware of any issue of this sort beyond mine.

Has anyone else encountered this?

BitchImFatJesus

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have that weird dot in my notification bar sometimes. I honestly don't know what it is, but I simply open the camera or turn off the phone and that dot will go away

Posted via Android Central App

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have that weird dot in my notification bar sometimes. I honestly don't know what it is, but I simply open the camera or turn off the phone and that dot will go away

I do to. It's a bit annoying but I just deal with it. Happens so rarely that I don't bother

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are getting, but I get those when I am roaming, then reconnect to Sprint (automatically). When it reconnects, I get a notification sound. Took me a while to figure it out and it was driving me nuts.

Last edited:

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely getting phantom notification sounds too, at least one per day over the last few days. It's not roaming related since I live next door to a sprint cell tower and get them while at home. Very annoying. I think I got them after downloading the smaller sprint update that came out a while ago.

yourbrokenoven

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard of this. As of yet, no phantom sounds from my one.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never heard of this. As of yet, no phantom sounds from my one.

kyleartbow

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling it is the WhatsApp notification sound. Whenever the app gets "online," it probably makes that sound. No way to turn off from the app's settings though. I'm using an HTC One.

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine was doing this too, turned out to be despicable me game causing the notification sound but with nothing there.
Download noficifaction history from play store then check it next time it happens should show you which app is causing it.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Gsam was giving me phantom notifications. For some reason battery heat warning was on and sometimes randomly trigger. The thing was the battery overheat would un trigger almost immediately leaving no notification by the time I could turn on the screen. Of note, the battery or phone was never warm any of the times the alarm went off.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I installed a notification monitor program and found out it was gsam battery monitor giving me a hot battery warning. But the battery was only 89 degrees. My guess is there is a bug in the app.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

James Wynn Jr

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a unread notification reminder. In the settings under accessibility you will find the option to change the time interval and to turn it off completely