droped HTC one

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my phone getting out of my truck. It was in my lap and hit asphalt face down. Just a little scratch in the speaker grill . Glad I had a screen protector...

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my phone getting out of my truck. It was in my lap and hit asphalt face down. Just a little scratch in the speaker grill . Glad I had a screen protector...

Posted via Android Central App

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get something to protect that.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

czeph

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine back from HTC repair - $180.00 for the screen. You best believe I have a glass protector on it now! And she's in a case before I leave the house.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a nice shiny penny for the person who invents the forcefield or deflector shield.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's sucks. I'm still naked and flawless... I am just super careful :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

vic6string

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This phone is too pretty not to be naked! Bought mine at Best Buy and got their service plan. Ten bucks a month covers physical damage, heat damage (living in Miami, this is a must) and water damage. I got two replacements of my old phone for broken screens. And they don't care if you rooted the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
This phone is too pretty not to be naked! Bought mine at Best Buy and got their service plan. Ten bucks a month covers physical damage, heat damage (living in Miami, this is a must) and water damage. I got two replacements of my old phone for broken screens. And they don't care if you rooted the phone.

I need to start buying my phone's from best buy.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You should get a case for that. You never know when an accident might happen.

I hate cases. I've ran most of my phones naked and they look as good as when I took them out of the box. It's all about being careful and not rushing when handling the phone.. Like pulling it out of my pocket means my entire hand gripping around the phone.. Not like a 2 finger grab.

I know anything can happen but if your calm and careful you can enjoy phones out of the case :). It's a risk I don't mind taking.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The moment you drop it and its dinged, there goes your warranty as well. A case is a wise choice.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is how I dropped my first Smart Phone, BlackBerry Bold 9000. Dented the corner, even though it was in the holster. Lesson learned.

Only my girl goes on my lap. ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your phone shows obvious signs of damage, then the manufacturer can pretty easily say that any problem may have been due to that damage (which isn't covered by warranty), and therefore reject your claim.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If your phone shows obvious signs of damage, then the manufacturer can pretty easily say that any problem may have been due to that damage (which isn't covered by warranty), and therefore reject your claim.

That's what insurance is for! To cover any damage due to accidents or drops. Warranty has nothing to do with insurance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what insurance is for! To cover any damage due to accidents or drops. Warranty has nothing to do with insurance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, I know--I was responding to the question above me, where the poster seemed puzzled that damage would void the warranty.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you can use this phone without a case. I have a slim case on it now that only protects the back and I keep the phone by itself in my jean pocket but I still manage to get tiny scratches in the black paint on the speaker grills. Jeans are rough almost like sandpaper and if i didn't have a case my phone would look 3 years old in a matter of days.

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Same here and I know what you mean about heat. I live in southwest Florida

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63