1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default unknown notification sound

Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: unknown notification sound

Quote Originally Posted by tfouto View Post
    Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...
    A good counter question is do you have any icons in the notification bar? That can be your first step in finding what it is. Strange thing though is almost all apps use the default sound until you change it via the in app settings.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I am getting this too. There are no notifications in the notification bar. It is puzzling.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    A good counter question is do you have any icons in the notification bar? That can be your first step in finding what it is. Strange thing though is almost all apps use the default sound until you change it via the in app settings.
    No, i dont see any icon in the notification bar... I have installed Notification History. Let's see if this program can catch the culprit...

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

No, i dont see any icon in the notification bar... I have installed Notification History. Let's see if this program can catch the culprit...
    Let us know how that works out.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3

Mine has started doing this over the last few days too. Really annoying as it happens at random times throught out the night and when you check like you said nothing there just the noise.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Club Paradise View Post
    Mine has started doing this over the last few days too. Really annoying as it happens at random times throught out the night and when you check like you said nothing there just the noise.
    Mine, also have started doing this only the last few days. 2-3 times per day... Maybe it's a bug on Android/Google service... or HTC service...

Usually, this is when you are roaming, then reconnect to your carrier's network. There is a sound, but no icon.

I've been getting this randomly as well. When I was in a high rise the roaming/reconnect thing made sense but it's done it twice at home where I normally have 4-5 bars from AT&T so I don't think it's the roaming/reconnect notification.

I'm on a completely stock (never rooted, never rom-ed) device, so nothing should be out of whack on that end. Be nice to know what the notification was. I wasn't able to get the Notification History app to install (it would download and then hang on installation), so I'm not sure that's going to be much help to me. Maybe someone else can see what pops up on it when the sound chimes.

Don't worry guys. You have the notify when roaming setting on. If you don't want to be notified any more it is under the mobile network settings.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brycenull View Post
    Don't worry guys. You have the notify when roaming setting on. If you don't want to be notified any more it is under the mobile network settings.
    nope... i have the notify roaming setting off. Always had... That's not the cause...

Yeah I have data roaming sound off too and it still happened.
    Think I may of found the culprit thought. I installed the Despicable Me game from the play store and i think that was causing it, it was always popping up with notifications anyway but strange how sometimes the notification sound would happen but nothing there to see. Since removing the app it hasn't happened once so fingers crossed!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Club Paradise View Post
    Yeah I have data roaming sound off too and it still happened.
    Think I may of found the culprit thought. I installed the Despicable Me game from the play store and i think that was causing it, it was always popping up with notifications anyway but strange how sometimes the notification sound would happen but nothing there to see. Since removing the app it hasn't happened once so fingers crossed!
    I have installed also the despicable me, but i have disabled the notifications for this app. So in my case this sould not be the case. I am waiting for another notification sound, so that the notification history might catch the culprit...

Any of you guys have the gsam battery monitor app installed?
    Last edited by tfouto; 08-13-2013 at 04:35 AM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Ok, guys. Good news.

I found "my" culprit... GSam Battery Monitor Pro. I heard the notification sound. Check notification history app. It was the gsam monitor pro. Warning - hot battery (29,6).

I turned off the alarms on the gsam battery now, and will see if it stops... I think that it's a bug of the app on the last update (5th august). 29,6'C it's not a hot battery i think...

In the future i can also disable notifications for this app on settings->apps. Let's wait and see if it's necessary...

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Ok, guys. Good news.

I found "my" culprit... GSam Battery Monitor Pro. I heard the notification sound. Check notification history app. It was the gsam monitor pro. Warning - hot battery (29,6).

I turned off the alarms on the gsam battery now, and will see if it stops... I think that it's a bug of the app on the last update (5th august). 29,6'C it's not a hot battery i think...

In the future i can also disable notifications for this app on settings->apps. Let's wait and see if it's necessary...
    You are right. That is no where near a warm battery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.