Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multiple Recipients of SMS Messages - HTC One

HI,

I have just got an HTC One and have synced my contact list. It all seemed to work fine except for when I send an SMS to one of my friends it automatically links another friend into the thread. So the message thread will say "Name1 Surname1;Name2 Surname2" but I have only sent the message to one person. Does anyone know what is going on here, I have deleted both contacts and re-entered them manually but it is still doing it. It is pretty annoying. Thanks.

Default Re: Multiple Recipients of SMS Messages - HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hilton View Post
    HI,

I have just got an HTC One and have synced my contact list. It all seemed to work fine except for when I send an SMS to one of my friends it automatically links another friend into the thread. So the message thread will say "Name1 Surname1;Name2 Surname2" but I have only sent the message to one person. Does anyone know what is going on here, I have deleted both contacts and re-entered them manually but it is still doing it. It is pretty annoying. Thanks.
    Your phone may be suggesting "frequent" contacts. See what is popping up under the recipient window when typing in a name. It usually will give you all numbers available bit you'll get "frequent" first.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue with my new HTC One M8. I'm worried that random people are receiving text messages from me.

Did you get any satisfaction from this? I have just moved on to a HTC 1 M8 and am getting the same/similar problem. I sent an SMS to two people and one replied but I'm not sure who and I have 4 recipients on the message. This is happening regularly. It does seem to picking up 'related' people in my address book, ie those who have been on common SMSs that I have sent. Any ideas?

Just a couple of questions:
    Have you ever sent messages to both contacts intentionally?
    In your settings do you have send messages as a spilt thread selected or not?

I've had this happen to me but only after sending messages to a group then accidentally picking the group instead of an individual. The reason for that was because I hadn't selected send messages as a split thread. Oh and I don't use any of the stock apps anymore.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.