1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HTC One Camera - Unable to Start

Hi everyone, I'm a frequent visitor to this forum, but first time posting. I have an issue with my camera, and I hope someone can help me out.

Currently, when I want to take a picture with my phone and I touch to open the camera app, the screen would turn black, with no image. The only thing that would show is the camera button and the option to go into the camera settings. There's not much within camera settings -- either switch the main or front camera and the photo capture mode (scene, night, HDR, etc.), restore to default, etc. If I t back out of the camera app and go to the home screen and try to get back into the camera app, it would pause for a bit (about 5 seconds) before popping up the imageless (black) screen. Then, a message would pop up saying, "Sorry! Camera is not responding. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us improve our products." I would be given the option to "Don't send; Wait; Send Report". If I go back to the home screen a third time and then try to open the camera app again, it would say "unable to start camera".

What I have tried so far:

1) Within the camera settings, I have chosen to restore to default. No success.
    2) I have gone into settings, apps, camera, and cleared the cache and data. No success.
    3) I have done #2 and then forced stop the camera. Then, I resetted the phone by pressing the down volume key and holding the power button. The reboot failed to fix the camera.

I have not yet factory reset the phone. However, I want to do this as a last resort. Does anyone have any additional suggestions of what I can do to resolve this issue? Are there any camera apps I can use to replace the HTC camera app? Is there a way to reinstall the HTC camera app?

Please let me know if you require any other information from me. Thanks everyone!

Default Re: HTC One Camera - Unable to Start

most likely you will hve to factory reset or go into the recovery and clear cache
    Men are only as good as their technical development allows them to be.-George Orwell
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How do I clear cache in recovery? Thanks.

you press the power botton pm me if you need help
    Men are only as good as their technical development allows them to be.-George Orwell

Is your device acting glitchy??

This is for a stock device.....

If so, try this...

Using the buttons before startup...

1. Power the device off.

2. press and hold the Volume Down buttons and then press the power button on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.

3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

4. From the repair screen, press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. A menu will appear. (You may have to try this several times before it works)

5. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to clear cache or you can select wipe data / factory reset, then press Power to select it.

6. Choose Yes.

My phone also started having this problem after the jelly bean update. Why?

How can I fix this? Everything works fine otherwise as far as I can tell.

Did you find solution ? I'm having the same problem with the camera...
    Thank u

I also have this problem with the HTC One. I went to my local sprint store and they told me to factory reset it. Just did this and it didn't solve the problem...Next steps?