- 678 Posts
Has anyone had success with SVTP or FoxFi for wifi hotspots?
One feature I love on my Nexus is the ability to run SVTP free wifi hotspot with my unlimited data. Setting up a hotspot for my family while on trips has become essential and avoiding an extra monthly charge is nice. But the app doesn't work on any of the other phones in the family (HTC Rezound, Droid Razr Maxx) and I am hoping that either this or FoxFi works on the HTC One. Any success with these?
- 08-21-2013, 05:49 PM #2
- 08-23-2013, 11:50 AM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: Has anyone had success with SVTP or FoxFi for wifi hotspots?
I am new here so take it as you will. I have the HTC One on verizon, bought it yesterday. Installed PDAnet+ and Foxfi. I forgot my usb cable to tether so what the heck I tried WiFi. It works. I am able to get my laptop internet access from my cellphone. was worried about being charged mobile hot spot so I tried using verizon's mobile hotspot and it says that I need a subscription and to call *611. It appears that the HTC One on Verizon is allowing wifi to be shared through Foxfi. Looks like pdanet and foxfi are creating a secure tunnel that bypasses verizon's authentication on the phone. If you go into your security settings you can have a password and secure the connect for yourself which I recommend. but if not you can just leave it alone and share it out.
Hit me up and I will try to post so screen grabs alittle later.
- By Xterror in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-29-2013, 11:33 PM
- By bjrnlndstrm in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:21 AM
- By paisley99 in forum Moto XReplies: 18Last Post: 08-25-2013, 01:20 AM
- By mohammediab in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2013, 01:32 PM
- By NealJ777 in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM