1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default HTC Sync Manager = Headache

I'm relatively new to android and I've just recently got the HTC One. Love the phone by the way.
    The thing that bothers me is HTC Sync, I've never experienced a more rigid and faulty and program. It slows down the computer completely and the process takes a while. Now that's not the only problem, once it's done searching through everything on your HDD and the syncing process starts, it freezes. I have a fairly capable computer (i7 CPU, 8gb RAM)
    After I managed to get it to transfer my music to the phone i saw it made 3-4 copies of every album so I had to manually remove a bunch of duplicates from the phone. Is there a program that can sync my iTunes music seamlessly without going through everything on my computer?

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC Sync Manager = Headache

If you don't mind accessing your music through the cloud, try Google Music. If you set up the music manager on your computer, and point it to your music, it can make your entire library available on your phone (there may a 20,000 file limit). I've stopped downloading music to my phone completely, and use this exclusively.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Will it be streaming the music or will it download my library from the clouds? Also can i access the music through the native music app as well? Like the UI on that one

ROM
    Stock

You can do both with Google.'s Plaay Music. The problem is when you download your music from the cloud through Google, it is not available to any other music player on your device. They store it in a hidden directory somewhere. If you manually copy music to your device, it's available to any music player including the Play Music.

Posted via Android Central App