Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: What's happening about the "speaker blown" problem?

Actually I got the Red Sprint HTC One from amazon yesterday, and this is exactly the issue I had with my phone the first time I listened to music through the Speakers, I first tried it with the Sirius/XM app and then with the Google Music App, but put off a sound as if the speakers were blown. I turned off the BeatAudio, and the sound of blown speakers went away. Turned it back on and the distortion was back. My Coworker said the same thing happened with her phone.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

I mostly listen to things through my earphones, but I'm paying more for a key feature of the product so I want it to work when I try/need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wanted198 View Post
    I mostly listen to things through my earphones, but I'm paying more for a key feature of the product so I want it to work when I try/need to use it.
    I think the speaker issue had been resolved. I read somewhere, and also here (thus confirming it) that Samsung payed the speaker mfg to sabotage all HTC one speakers. Each speaker was handled by a professional audio engineer who then set each speaker to get blown at random as to minimize the risk of exposing Samsung. Samsung payed out a few hundred dollars to the factory in total bribes (so you KNOW it's true. What factory manager WOULDN'T risk prison, fines, and worse for a few hundred $). I know many that would.

HTC in retaliation decided to drop a koolaid man to bust down the walls at the speaker factory, now the rubble of the factory is all that is left. It was covered up in the news and was passed out to be a fireworks factory that went up in smoke when in reality it was the HTC speaker factory.
    Unknown to the public that very same speaker company was also responsible for the cabbage pack kid phenomena, Obama's winning election, and Miley Cyrus' live strip show at the VMA's.

Indeed.

True story.
    A. Lincoln said so.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by asanatheist View Post
    I think the speaker issue had been resolved. I read somewhere, and also here (thus confirming it) that Samsung payed the speaker mfg to sabotage all HTC one speakers. Each speaker was handled by a professional audio engineer who then set each speaker to get blown at random as to minimize the risk of exposing Samsung. Samsung payed out a few hundred dollars to the factory in total bribes (so you KNOW it's true. What factory manager WOULDN'T risk prison, fines, and worse for a few hundred $). I know many that would.

HTC in retaliation decided to drop a koolaid man to bust down the walls at the speaker factory, now the rubble of the factory is all that is left. It was covered up in the news and was passed out to be a fireworks factory that went up in smoke when in reality it was the HTC speaker factory.
    Unknown to the public that very same speaker company was also responsible for the cabbage pack kid phenomena, Obama's winning election, and Miley Cyrus' live strip show at the VMA's.

Indeed.

True story.
    A. Lincoln said so.
    I would explain myself but I received a 2 day ban from the crackberry section. What do you want me to do, continue it on windows?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Mine was a brand new sealed phone that I opened yesterday.. shouldn't have had that much dust and crap to cause the distortion on my phone.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Keep the discussion civil and on-topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    xtn

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts

A lot (most) people don't know the difference between blown and clipping.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

To my understanding most people don't have blown speakers, but a lot of people genuinely have crackling and some kind of faults with the boomsound. One of the major selling points is the dual front speakers, and it sounds like there's a good chance I will be sold one with that issue. The S4 has a minute speaker on the back which is really no competition, but I have now heard about people having camera problems where the pictures are all purple or something?

I am ordering from amazon.co.uk SIM free, returning is going to be a problem and I am getting worried this phone has too many problems. I really do one the HTC One but looking past the amount of sales trashers on the android forum and to the genuine people making complaints about quality, it is getting worrying.
    Banned from:

Crackberry

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Most people don't, a lot do, a good chance I will. My head hurts!

Sent from my One
    Topgonzo likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

I am genuinely unsure. I strongly prefer the One to the S4 since it's screen is also a lot better, sense 5 is faster than the galaxy, the browser appears to be faster as a result and also has flash by default which is good. And the default keyboard looks a lot better. My biggest attraction is the screen, it has higher PPI and is an IPS variant which is one of the best and I want to watch a lot of TV/movies on it so I see this one as the best.

But if the speakers breaking, the camera not taking photos correctly/corrupted or whatever, and the build quality/edges are genuine concern, I don't know what to do in the end. If this device came guaranteed without those serious physical issues it would be the hands down winner.
    Banned from:

Crackberry

I had the HTC one and loved the phone but had one with blown speaker actually replaced it with another that had blow speaker as well before getting a good one which my 15 year old son wanted so I gave it to him and bought an S4 which I now regret. Wish I would have bought another htc one although the S4 is a good phone as well, I just prefer to he premium build of the HTC one and the smoothness of the software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by hooksy7 View Post
    I had the HTC one and loved the phone but had one with blown speaker actually replaced it with another that had blow speaker as well before getting a good one which my 15 year old son wanted so I gave it to him and bought an S4 which I now regret. Wish I would have bought another htc one although the S4 is a good phone as well, I just prefer to he premium build of the HTC one and the smoothness of the software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Right, confirms what I'm thinking. An S4 would be stable and reliable, but overall just missing out on a lot of stuff.

I'm going to try and get the black htc one though, what material is that made out of?
    Banned from:

Crackberry

I've had no speaker issue to speak of yet but every part HTC I've owned has had the speaker blow out.

In guessing it's just a matter of time but the One is just so worth the chance to me. Damn nice phone

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I bought a Verizon HTC One the day after they came out, waited over 6 months to replace my 3 year old Droid X that was pretty much done. Within a couple weeks top speaker started sounding funny. Took it back in and nothing they could do about it because no replacement phones yet. Within another week top speaker lost all sound so had to start using speaker phone to talk to anyone. Couple week of using the bottom speaker all the time it started to go and now I couldnt understand anyone on the phone. After a month + trying to get a replacement phone I finally just sent it in and this morning they called to say they are going to replace it. I like the phone but it has been a royal pain in my A especially since I use it for work. Hopefully the new one will do better.

Side note, I do get allot of metal dust and particles in my work. My Droid X always had metal fuzz on it but it was fine for 3 years with no speaker problems. If this is the issue I am not sure how to keep metal out of it.
    t_p

my wife and I both have tmo htc one's and thankfully no speaker problems yet and hopefully never. i just wanted to chime in and say that the insurance is not the best plan either. My wife got a crack on her glass a month or so after purchase and even though we have the insurance on both phones we haven't cashed in on it yet because her phone is still functional and it's $150 to invoke and it's never the top priority. We would probably only use the insurance if lost or stolen or fully broken.

I had the popping, crackling speaker on my phone and also the purple tint on camera during low light. Sent my phone in for repair, got it back last week and everything is perfect and working, no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

My first htc one had a popped top speaker. Could still use it but was crackly as hell... Took it in for replacement as the infared receiver was pooped as well. New phone was issued to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wanted198 View Post
    I've seen a youtube video on it, and a load of comments saying they have it too and asking how to fix it. I didn't post this in the other topic since it seems to be plagued with trolls who would give me false information. Hoping to get a few legit answers here before they notice.
    I have also had this problem with the speaker. Within 2/3 weeks it had blown and I never have it on full blast and mainly use the headphones, took it back and they exchanged for new one and few months along the line this one has now blown so will be getting in touch with htc

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Apeldoorn View Post
    My first htc one had a popped top speaker. Could still use it but was crackly as hell... Took it in for replacement as the infared receiver was pooped as well. New phone was issued to me.

I've had my HTC One for 5months now and still on its warranty, i also had it insured in case anything happened...but unfortunately yesterday my bottom speakers sounded crackly and seems blown off... from music, notifications, alerts, ringtones,,and everything..it was not exposed to iron dust or what so ever..it wasnt even dropped bought a otterbox defender casing since day1... brought my phone to the htc store where i bought it and told me to go their service center...the service center told us that they would try to REPAIR the fone..i think its a hardware problem..if its my fault i would accept to have it repaired but it seems like a factory defect...and i want it replaced with a new one..where did you have yours changed? Im starting to doubt htc's services with this..im loving their phone already and now this?!
    -->htcOne user philippines

I don't think it is fixable because my phone got swapped out for a brand new unit. So if the manufacturer cannot fix it, what hope do we have?

Had my HTC sent in for speaker repair and got it back working. After two weeks, and the speakers only used about three or four times, they are crackling again. I called HTC and the guy asked what software version I had, and I told him 4.3. He said that there is a fix coming up in a month or so that is suppose to address a speaker issue. I really doubt it will fix this particular speaker problem, but told him I would wait for that instead of sending in my phone, which would be gone for at least two weeks. Thankfully I still have my iphone to use as a backup, so it wouldn't be a huge big deal. Really wish HTC had the same customer service that Apple has. Apple has their problems, but customer service isn't one of them. If you have a broken iphone, apple immediately sends a replacement, and once you receive it, you send back the broken one. Never without a phone unless you break it to the point of not working at all, and then you'll only be without a phone for two or three days, unless you have a apple store near by which I don't.

I guess I have been unlucky with the HTC One. With my first phone, I was experiencing issues after the 4.3 update. I gave the phone to my network provider and received a shiny new handset after 5 days. I was so happy until I started the new phone... only to hear that the speakers are 'blown.'

I have tried turning off Beats Audio and NFC, restarting, testing sound in the ringtones section, playing videos on YouTube etc. There is still distortion/jarring of the speakers. I will be giving the phone in again tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    1. HTC One/Silver 32gb/4.4.2
    2. LG G Pad 8.3

Don't tell me it's not a problem. I'm on my fourth HTC One in less than three months . . . all from blown speakers. Of course the replacements are refurbs, the last one failing in 10 days. The speaker just start to buzz like a cracked diaphragm. I do not play music or use it as a speaker phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sfed View Post
    Don't tell me it's not a problem. I'm on my fourth HTC One in less than three months . . . all from blown speakers. Of course the replacements are refurbs, the last one failing in 10 days. The speaker just start to buzz like a cracked diaphragm. I do not play music or use it as a speaker phone.
    Maybe that's your problem, your not using it for what it was created for? So the speaker gets in a strop, cries out that he's getting no love from his owner and refuses to work?
    Topgonzo likes this.

When someone says they have more than 2 replacement phones I immediately think that the user is at fault. That's bs and why prices are the way they are.
    First off its a known issue with the equalizer and beats audio that some things like YouTube will have a vibration of the speaker which can cause some cracking sound when played. It's been discussed here many times. There are work around if you're having the problem. Just simply replacing your one over and over its not changing anything.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast