Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: HTC One - What's happening about the "speaker blown" problem?

I had a blown top speaker and I called sprint and they sent me a new phone at no charge HTC wanted me to send them my phone so they could repair it . I have insurance also .

Posted via Android Central App

My replacement phone has been great, apart from the small dent in the metal I couldn't be happier. I can only presume mine was a refurb. Still going strong though.

I've been having this problem very recently. Had my first HTC One since late October. Two days before New Years my top speaker "blew" for no apparent reason. Just a loud crackle sounds coming out of the phone speaker during calls or playing any type of sounds (Music, gps directions, etc.) Turning off Beats made the sounds worse (so likely hardware?). I sent my phone to Verizon for an exchange for a referb. Got the replacement phone this Monday, and this evening (2 days later) I'm presented with the exact same problem!

I'm rather clueless what would be causing this. I work in a rather dust-less environment and speakers are mostly used for GPS / speakerphone on occasion. I've never had to replace a phone due to a defect for the past 10 years. Having 2 defects in under a month is quite frustrating and doesn't give me much confidence in HTC if this has been a known problem.

I really want to love this phone, but the past posts on this thread is giving me more reason to jump ship to the Galaxy S4 while I still can. Would that be over-reacting and should I give HTC referb another chance? (3 times the charm?)

I work at a VZW store and only had 1 customer ever have this issue since launch. He also listened to hair band rock n roll on full blast including ringtones and notifications. I love my HTC One.

Posted via Android Central App

Thought I'd give an update about my phone. In my last post, I said that customer service told me to wait for a software update that they said was suppose to fix a speaker issue. I didn't believe that this would work for my problem, since it's seemed clear that I had a blown speaker, and decided to just send it in to HTC for repair. I got the phone back a couple weeks ago and so far it's working good. Hopefully I won't have to send it back anymore. This was my second time for repair. The first time they fixed the micro usb, because it wasn't charging right, and it would over heat. It's a really great phone when everything is working good on it. I've debated on selling it before something else goes wrong, but not sure yet. Right now I'm loving it again so I'm kind of torn.

I'm currently on my 4th HTC One because of blown crackling speakers.
    There is a problem.

My htc one speaker sounds blown, and I happen to work near a lot of metal dust......
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123