Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xeron72548
  • 1 Post By ratphink
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Locked out of my phone...HELP!

So, i just picked up my phone, which was working just fine all day and suddenly I'm locked out.
    The phone itself is still working as it vibrates when receiving alerts, still shows the correct time and all status icons across the top.
    At first I thought the touch screen was unresponsive, but I can swipe the alerts that appear at the top of the screen.

At the bottom I have the Red X Dismiss - Padlock Icon - Snooze Icon however swiping any of these doesn't work and won't let me log into the phone.

If I try to restart with the power button I get "To restart your phone, continue to hold down the power button for 3-2-1 seconds" but it hangs on the 1 second and never restarts.
    It's almost as if it's hung up on the lock screen widget or something.

Is there another way to restart?

Thanks,
    -rat
    Last edited by ratphink; 08-26-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Locked out of my phone...HELP!

Download the SDK, and Google how to reboot using adb. Do that and it'll reboot.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. So, this being a standard ATT HTC One shouldn't be an issue using the SDK? It's not rooted or anything, as I read this is just a way of communicating with my Android device.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well I got as far as I could with this SDK, using ADB and the CLI it returns "device not found." So I can only assume as mentioned in most instructions, the phone has to be in "usb debugging mode" and since I can't get into the phone I can't enable it.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Continue holding down the power button but make sure to hold the phone under a bright light at the same time. The proximity sensor has to be bathed in bright light. This is a feature HTC built in to prevent battery pulls.
    Thanked by:
    djphonze likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

WOW!?! I'll give that one a shot.
    Thanked by:
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Okay, I just did it and it worked perfectly!! And it did less of a restart and more of just allowing Nova to start up and let me password in. Though, it went to the HTC splash screen but not a full restart.

Thanks a ton!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Enable USB Debugging right away. You can download the HTC drivers and if anything happens again, you'll have the tools to fix it.

Wow.....the restarting under the bright light saved me !! Been trying to reset it all day, did everything by the book and did extensive research but nothing seem to do the trick. Until I read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by xeron72548 View Post
    Continue holding down the power button but make sure to hold the phone under a bright light at the same time. The proximity sensor has to be bathed in bright light. This is a feature HTC built in to prevent battery pulls.
    Wow.....the restarting under the bright light saved me !! Been trying to reset it all day, did everything by the book and did extensive research but nothing seem to do the trick. Until I read your post.