Specifics on battery life. I like music. ;)

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my contract is finally up. I have had the Samsung Galaxy Nexus since the day it launched. Its been a good phone.
However, the battery leaves a lot to be desired. I have two batteries and on a normal day, I will use both of them, and a lot of times, fully drain the second one.

A typical day sees me unplugging the phone at about 7 AM. I get to work, and I throw on Googles streaming music service and listen to it while I work, usually about 3 to 4 hours before I get to the next part of my work day. (Mail Carrier. First part is casing the mail, second is delivering.) Usually about halfway through the second part of my day the battery will die and I replace it with the fresh one.

After work, I don't really stream music. Just check news feeds, search random crap, little youtube here and there, you know the usual.

What I am worried about is that this phone doesn't have a removable battery and I can't really be tethered at work, I need the thing to run music the whole day and then last the rest of my day when out and about.

Anybody using this thing like an mp3 player like I am? What are your results?

For my next phone, I don't want to think about the battery if that is possible. The other phone I am considering is the Galaxy Note 3 and I have heard good things about the "Note" phones battery life.
(Plus the smart watch has me intrigued. Heck, I would buy one if all it did was have a button to skip the current song. lol)

Anyways, thanks in advance guys.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my contract is finally up. I have had the Samsung Galaxy Nexus since the day it launched. Its been a good phone.
However, the battery leaves a lot to be desired. I have two batteries and on a normal day, I will use both of them, and a lot of times, fully drain the second one.

A typical day sees me unplugging the phone at about 7 AM. I get to work, and I throw on Googles streaming music service and listen to it while I work, usually about 3 to 4 hours before I get to the next part of my work day. (Mail Carrier. First part is casing the mail, second is delivering.) Usually about halfway through the second part of my day the battery will die and I replace it with the fresh one.

After work, I don't really stream music. Just check news feeds, search random crap, little youtube here and there, you know the usual.

What I am worried about is that this phone doesn't have a removable battery and I can't really be tethered at work, I need the thing to run music the whole day and then last the rest of my day when out and about.

Anybody using this thing like an mp3 player like I am? What are your results?

For my next phone, I don't want to think about the battery if that is possible. The other phone I am considering is the Galaxy Note 3 and I have heard good things about the "Note" phones battery life.
(Plus the smart watch has me intrigued. Heck, I would buy one if all it did was have a button to skip the current song. lol)

Anyways, thanks in advance guys.

Could always get a 12 volt charger. Unless they aren't installed in mail trucks. Then I would suggest a charging pack. Plugs into your phone and gives it a shot in the arm so to speak.
Something to get in the habit of with your next device: Don't let it drain all the way. Hard on the battery.

From a SlimROM S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund