Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another iphone user

It seems that the one is a great phone to transition to as an iphone 5 user. My main questions (having read a bunch here):
    1)how is call reception/quality. My buddies s4 was tons better at football game last night (both art)
    2)the camera is holding me back. Am I wrong?
    3)is there a version of the one coming out soon with improvements?
    Thanks....
    Thanked by:
    markbc 

Default Re: Another iphone user

Just sold my iPhone 5 last night. Don't miss it. Call quality is great. No problems yet. Camera is super fast. Great low light. I took a couple pics outside with both and had a hard time telling the difference, even when I zoomed in. I think it's in our head for the average user. Not sure what you mean by improvements. I'm on Verizon, so mine has 4.2. I've read a lot about slow charge. Haven't experienced that once. Charges just as fast as my iPhone did. Battery life is great so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.
    Thanked by 2:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    It seems that the one is a great phone to transition to as an iphone 5 user. My main questions (having read a bunch here):
    1)how is call reception/quality. My buddies s4 was tons better at football game last night (both art)
    Thanks....
    Could you rephrase #3? Thanks.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts#WP View Post
    Just sold my iPhone 5 last night. Don't miss it. Call quality is great. No problems yet. Camera is super fast. Great low light. I took a couple pics outside with both and had a hard time telling the difference, even when I zoomed in. I think it's in our head for the average user. Not sure what you mean by improvements. I'm on Verizon, so mine has 4.2. I've read a lot about slow charge. Haven't experienced that once. Charges just as fast as my iPhone did. Battery life is great so far.

Is there likely to be either the next generation htc one come out soon or just a new version of the one with a better camera? I know this is supposition...but with apple we all know the timing and I worry about buying the one and then weeks later a new and improved version comes out. All other things make me think it's the right choice.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Is there likely to be either the next generation htc one come out soon or just a new version of the one with a better camera? I know this is supposition...but with apple we all know the timing and I worry about buying the one and then weeks later a new and improved version comes out. All other things make me think it's the right choice.
    The One is still relatively new. I would like to think there will be another incarnation, but for right now, this is all there is. It has been a big hit, and I would assume (keyword) there will be another one.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3

The thing I miss most from the iPhone is the physical home button to turn the phone on with.

When I mess with an iPhone the thing I miss the most from the One is the back button.

I'm sticking with the One because of the better Google integration (calendar and tasks).
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    Xsie and markbc like this.

Lol so true. When I pick up my wife's iPhone I'm looking for the back button, but (for me) the One would be perfect if it had a home button in place of the HTC logo. But all in all this one is sweet.

1 no issues
    2 pics are great and I prefer over my old iPhone 5. Only issue is from distance and you want to zoom. But I rarely do that mostly people shots at close range and celebration events
    3 ?

Would suggest you check my other posts I'm having a few issues with charging and other glitches and the European after care is awful. Especially if used to apples

Posted via Android Central App

The only thing tough for me about android is the apps/appstore- how android let's anyone and their brother put an app out there in the play store that may or may not even be legit. C'mon the BBM app that was out there for days (weeks?) that was not BBM but was a virus or something? They FINALLY took it down because is the volume of complaints but really? Why even let it get there? Or how you download an app and upon installing realize other apps were installed with it :[

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Oofa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoahbro View Post
    The only thing tough for me about android is the apps/appstore- how android let's anyone and their brother put an app out there in the play store that may or may not even be legit. C'mon the BBM app that was out there for days (weeks?) that was not BBM but was a virus or something? They FINALLY took it down because is the volume of complaints but really? Why even let it get there? Or how you download an app and upon installing realize other apps were installed with it :[

What kind of apps are you installing? I've never had this happen.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

The double edged sword to open source.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by David_LFC View Post
    1 no issues
    2 pics are great and I prefer over my old iPhone 5. Only issue is from distance and you want to zoom. But I rarely do that mostly people shots at close range and celebration events
    3 ?

Would suggest you check my other posts I'm having a few issues with charging and other glitches and the European after care is awful. Especially if used to apples

I've read quite a bit about charging and that it's slow....that's not a deal beaker for me. I now really want a phone that will maximize signal for call, texts and lte where possible.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I've read quite a bit about charging and that it's slow....that's not a deal beaker for me. I now really want a phone that will maximize signal for call, texts and lte where possible.
    Food for thought: Assume for a moment that one charge can last until you are ready for bed. At that point, charging while you sleep, will it then matter?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

petaf likes this.

Not the charging speed add that really doesn't bother me ...

I had an issue that phone wouldn't charge sent back and now issue with screen rotation and calls always going to speaker. (So sent back) and waiting for it to be returned.

Before my issue charging speed was OK. And battery life better or on a par with my old jail broken 5. I had synching on and loads of widgets. If I have a smart phone I'm going to use it and not cripple it to be like a Nokia 5110!

My issues are just food for thought I will get it resolved as I'm a companies worse night mare if something goes wrong. Just not as easy as book a genius appointment and go to store

I came from an iPhone 5. Call quality is amazing. The camera is great. As for a newer version...I don't think a newer version will be released until next year maybe. Maybe the One Max will come to the U.S? But I don't think that'll really show any major improvements other than a larger screen, bigger battery, & maybe a minor processor bump? Not really sure.

I say get the One. Its truly a great device.

Thanked by 2:

Why you should ALWAYS read customer reviews. And me personally I won't dl till after its been out a week & reviews are favorable.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    petaf and Seggzy like this.

It's simple, you have to read what you're downloading. Look at the developer, if it's some guy with only his email and no website that's red flag number one. Also if there is a website and it's bogus, red flag number 2 and so on and so on. Just read what you're downloading

Seggzy likes this.

Probably the only thing my wife misses about her iPhone vs her HTC One is the camera.

I think the HTC One is a good camera but I feel that the S4 and the iPhone 5 are better experiences.

That being stated, this is the first version of the camera so I give the ultra pixel concept a pass until the next version comes out.
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    oldschoolsig likes this.

Thanks....
    I have an iPhone 5 for work and an HTC One as my personal device. Based on that, I would say:

1. Fantastic. I get as good of signal strength and call quality as the iPhone 5 everywhere I go. Both are AT&T btw.
    2. Camera is very good, but not great. Not as smooth as the iPhone but overall very good, especially in low light, and the HDR setting works very nicely. Zoes are very cool, too. Still much easier to send pictures after taking them them on the 5.
    3. Hard to say, but looking forward to the One Max (large like a Note 2 or 3). Same premium build and materials in a bigger package, plus rumored to have the new Snapdragon 800 (up from 600 on this one), 2.3ghz processor, and hopefully 64gb memory. Plus 4.3.3 ICS I believe. As for regular size devices, the One has been a home run for HTC comparatively speaking, and the reviews are almost without exception stellar. They are so confident in this design that they've come out with the Mini and soon the Max. I would be shocked if they didn't come out with a "One 2" (no pun intended) in the sweet spot of 4.7 to 5.0".
    Thanked by 2:
    David_LFC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    What kind of apps are you installing? I've never had this happen.
    You don't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Probably the only thing my wife misses about her iPhone vs her HTC One is the camera.

I think the HTC One is a good camera but I feel that the S4 and the iPhone 5 are better experiences.

That being stated, this is the first version of the camera so I give the ultra pixel concept a pass until the next version comes out.
    I've been living with the One camera for a while now and comparing it to my old Iphone 4 and my wife's 4s....granted these aren't Iphone 5s but here's my opinion - in perfect conditions (outdoors, mild sunlight, nice scene to shoot) the Iphone cameras take it, however I'm finding my One excels in ways the iphone cameras were pretty useless - low light, action shots, backlight, etc. I do find it's a little sketchy sometimes for refocusing and sometimes has weird color artifacts, but these are generally the exception and probably things HTC is going to figure out with later versions. It's also possible that there's third party apps that help as well - I've only really used the stock camera app.

No. Why should there be a better camera?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

It charges 50% slower, roughly, than a Galaxy S4. Why? Because charging slower prolongs battery life. HTC made a choice - live with it or get something else.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    No. Why should there be a better camera?

Because the technology for a better camera exists on many other smartphones.
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Call quality is at least as good as the iPhone 5 for me. Perhaps a bit better. As for the camera, I do feel that I got better overall quality photos from the iPhone 5. The One does do better in low light conditions and the camera has far more features like Zoes and Highlights that are just all kinds of fun. I don't regret my switch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast