Sharing Through NFC

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I do apologize for asking a question that I know been asked, but I couldn't find the answer.

I have the One and was trying to receive a picture from the Note 2 and S4, but it keep directing me to the play store. Does this mean that it can not be done?

I have watched Youtube videos, have the setting right, but nothing happens.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so you are trying to use nfc.. Make sure that it's on because sometimes nfc isn't on. Next make sure that you have the area that nfc is at touching each other. The one has nfc chip close to the camera and I think the other phones may have they nfc chip in a little different area.. This is the most common problem when sharing through nfc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the both of you.

Both devices have NFC on and the S4 did not have S-Beam on.

It was trying to share, phones were aligned correctly, got the vibration, touch to beam, separate phones, and HTC goes to play store.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Just realizing that video probably does you no good. I think, according to all that I'm researching on this issue, is that no one has found a reliable solution yet. I just tried to NFC a photo to my brother's DNA, and it wouldn't work, but from HTC ONE to HTC ONE, it works fine.... Weird!!!

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
To all..we tried with it on and off. Guess its just a hit and miss thing.

Really want to try this feature.

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I was sharing to the one its not that big of a deal of a feature your missing out on. Half of the time it takes longer than Bluetooth. The only thing that works really well with nfc is nfctags and the pay thing at the stores. Bluetooth also lets you do more and you can be at a distance and its guaranteed to work 99.9% of the time.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed when sharing photos from Samsung to HTC and vice versa, it works fine as others have said with S-Beam OFF and NFC ON. To share videos, there doesn't seem to be a way from Samsung to HTC and vice versa using Android Beam, since it goes to the Play Store like you said. But what you could do is just long press on the video and hit "Share", the Bluetooth. It takes maybe 10 seconds longer to do it that way.