Best free way to sync itunes to my VZW HTC One?

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have about 120GB of music in my iTunes, needless to say they cannot all fit on my phone. But I have made playlists of music I like and used to keep on my BB. I tried the HTC sync manager. First it took 3 hours to load all the music, because it kept restarting every 3000 songs or so. Then when I sync, it will only sync the playlists, not the songs on there. And then I tried DoubleTwist, which also does not work, because the VZW HTC One cannot be used as a Mass Storage Device, and therefore cannot load music onto it. I don't want to pay the $4.99 for the wireless DoubleTwist sync if possible. Any recommendations on what I can do?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered Google Music? You can sync your iTunes library to include playlists for free. I think the free limit is 20,000 songs. You can then stream whatever you want in your library to your phone. Optionally, you can pin whatever music you choose from your library to your phone for offline listening with Google Music. May be a good solution for you considering the size of your music library.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
WOW....so the VW Version of the ONE won't let you transfer files using explorer on your pc, to your phone???

Not allowed :(

Have you considered Google Music? You can sync your iTunes library to include playlists for free. I think the free limit is 20,000 songs. You can then stream whatever you want in your library to your phone. Optionally, you can pin whatever music you choose from your library to your phone for offline listening with Google Music. May be a good solution for you considering the size of your music library.

I have not. I have just a little under 20,000 songs. Does this count towards my total allotted space on Google? I am using Google Drive too to back up my important computer data and it has eaten up a big chunk of my Google space...

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I have not. I have just a little under 20,000 songs. Does this count towards my total allotted space on Google? I am using Google Drive too to back up my important computer data and it has eaten up a big chunk of my Google space...

Not sure if this would work but have you activated the developer options and selected USB debugging? Wondering if that would allow you to see your phone in Windows Explorer.

Posted via Android Central App

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Are you referring to the "HTC Sync Manager" link? When I click on that, it takes me to the sync manager page, the link does not indicate that it is a different software specifically for Verizon phones. The page it takes me to is the same as where I originally downloaded the software.

Not sure if this would work but have you activated the developer options and selected USB debugging? Wondering if that would allow you to see your phone in Windows Explorer.

Have not tried this yet. Will try in the future.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Question about Google Music Manager, in the settings area, if you check "Automatically upload songs added to iTunes", does it also automatically delete songs you deleted from iTunes? And what if you don't want to sync all music but only music in certain playlists, if you check "Automatically upload songs added to iTunes", does it only modify the playlists you uploaded or does it add all songs you import into iTunes?

EDIT: actually, on Google Music, does it let me download the music to my phone, or is it streamed every time I want to listen to something?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Google Music Manager works on the idea of synced or "watch" folders. So what you can do is designated certain folders to be the ones that Music Manager watches for uploading or deletion. I am not sure that that automatic iTunes upload actually designates the iTunes folder as a watch folder or not. So for the most control, I would create a Google Music folder and simply copy and paste all of the music you would like to include in your Google Music. However, you're not getting the added benefit of automatically uploading music to Google Music when it is added to iTunes as you would have if you designated the iTunes folder as a watch folder. Also, to answer an earlier question, the Google Music storage does not count against your free Google Drive storage.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. The thing I don't like about Google Music is that it streams everything. I don't want my music to be cloud-based. I want music to be on my phone. Seems like I have to fall back on doubleTwist wireless sync?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The good thing about Google Music is that you can pin as much or as little of your music to your phone as you like, so it is the best of both, physically on the phone and still in the cloud for other uses, like other devices, a Chromecast, etc. Also, when you buy new music from either Google or iTunes it is immediately available.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sound's like you need Easy Phone Tunes. I used to use it all the time and I have used it on the One so i know it works. It's a phone app and then there a PC app to download as well. It's great really. It's meant to sync iTunes to you'r phone. Just download the apps then create a Playlist on ITunes for the One and hit Sync on the Easy Phone Tunes app. Very simple process just like syncing a iDevice.

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When I connected my phone to computer with debugging on it ran everything installed new drives and updated HTC sync it went smooth. Had thunderbolt & resound and HTC sync sucked. But with the new HTC sync I noticed you can access iTunes we have 2 5s in the family but it still not great for music not to many options. Also look at spotify.

Posted from the ONE!

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iSyncr works flawlessly.

wow you are correct sir.... purchased 3.99 then downloaded on my PC and 10 min later i was importing over wifi... no more chinese downloads for me. lol...what I did was create playlists in Itunes then moved them over to my cell which had already picked up the playlist-.

thanks much for this-

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

No, songs are their own storage. I've got that many too...Google music is awesome.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. The thing I don't like about Google Music is that it streams everything. I don't want my music to be cloud-based. I want music to be on my phone. Seems like I have to fall back on doubleTwist wireless sync?

No. You can put music on your phone. You push the "pin" and it's on your phone. Works for songs, albums, and playlists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance