Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Default How to set phone to vibrate only for calls and silent for all other notifications?

Hello all,

New One user here. How do I set up my phone so that it vibrates when I receive calls and is silent for all other notifications (led still blinking)?

I've tried setting notifications to silent when picking the notification tone but it still makes a noise.

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Default Re: How to set phone to vibrate only for calls and silent for all other notifications?

Bump

Default Re: How to set phone to vibrate only for calls and silent for all other notifications?

ICS doesn't natively allow you to have a different ringer and a different notification volume. You could however, check out an app for doing what it sounds like you're describing:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ervolume&hl=en
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbinder View Post
    ICS doesn't natively allow you to have a different ringer and a different notification volume. You could however, check out an app for doing what it sounds like you're describing:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ervolume&hl=en
    Thanks I think that app did the trick! It's funny that my old S3 did this natively in its vibrate mode.