RootAndroid.Com?

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Was looking at this website, as provided in the GUI from (Hasoon2000) in his root thread. I know what some might say, in that why pay when its SO EASY to do it yourself, well I just don't feel like messing with all the steps required, (got used to the one click JB methods on the iDevices) and have the money to pay to do it :). So with that said, I certainly trust the elders here, and would like your input on whether you think this company is legitimate.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Chris

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Was looking at this website, as provided in the GUI from (Hasoon2000) in his root thread. I know what some might say, in that why pay when its SO EASY to do it yourself, well I just don't feel like messing with all the steps required, (got used to the one click JB methods on the iDevices) and have the money to pay to do it :). So with that said, I certainly trust the elders here, and would like your input on whether you think this company is legitimate.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Chris

Many people, myself included, think it is much better to root the device yourself, and not using any app or one click method. It exposes you to how your phone can really work, you know exactly what changes are being made, and there is always the satisfaction of getting it done yourself.

I suggest to look at how to root, how to unroot, and common fixes for bootloops. It will help you be more self sufficient, and who knows, you may be able to help someone else in the future?

I almost did the same thing when I wanted to root my S2. Instead, I studied up on everything I could find by doing it myself, I asked questions from people who had done general rooting before, and I finally took the plunge after viewing YouTube videos and taking notes. Now, I find rooting to be fairly easy, and don't mind researching a way to do so on a new device.

We are all here to help. Since rooting is fairly commonplace here, someone would be able to help you.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, its not that I don't know how to, its just that I don't want to. I was jailbreaking the iphone in the very beginning, when it took about 1.5 hours to do; so its not that I'm afraid to, like I said, its just that I don't feel like going through the aggravation of something going wrong and me blowing a gasket because I have to restart the process, (low on patience these days :-D)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use rootandroid.com, just want to see if anyone else here did it, and how the experience left their phone; and mostly, is their site trustworthy. Thanks again for your input, its much appreciated. I'm sure I'll eventually take the plunge and do it myself, but for now, I'm looking for the "easy" button LOL!!

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, its not that I don't know how to, its just that I don't want to. I was jailbreaking the iphone in the very beginning, when it took about 1.5 hours to do; so its not that I'm afraid to, like I said, its just that I don't feel like going through the aggravation of something going wrong and me blowing a gasket because I have to restart the process, (low on patience these days :-D)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use rootandroid.com, just want to see if anyone else here did it, and how the experience left their phone; and mostly, is their site trustworthy. Thanks again for your input, its much appreciated. I'm sure I'll eventually take the plunge and do it myself, but for now, I'm looking for the "easy" button LOL!!

I would not trust it because nobody has confirmed that it works.

Posted via Samsung S3

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

For my s3 it took about as long to download the files as it did to root. In total less than 30 minutes.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you done it on a windows 8 machine? That's what I have. 64 bit. Also: I just want it rooted for the sake of battery life and to get rid of all the att bloatware!

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok.... I just finished unlocking the boot loader LOL What now? Basically, all I want this for is to get rid of att bloatware and have better battery life. Thanks for talking me into this... LOL

I'm currently on AT&T 4.1.2

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Man, do I remember those days!

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm at the "entering recovery" screen, been there for a couple of minutes.... is this normal?

HELP!! LOL

ITs been on the "entering recovery" HTC screen for several minutes now!! HELP!!

EDIT: Still stuck on "entering recovery" Been a few more minutes.

Last edited:

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!

Awesome. The challenge comment made me think of a chef instructor. He told us to every now and again, get out of the comfort zone. You rarely learn anything otherwise.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

U should install a custom ROM to get rid of the Att bloatware.

Posted via Samsung S3

Last edited:

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Now, my next question: Now that i'm rooted, how do I install (where to get also) the 4.2.2 rom that will replace this bloated down version of 4.1.2 from at&t?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Done....I feel like a king now! lol I installed the Android Revolution HD. Loving the AT&T Bloatware Free Version! Thanks for all your help!

No sweat. I would take a step back, review what you did, and look into getting basic files ready in case you need to go back to stock.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.