Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default RootAndroid.Com?

Was looking at this website, as provided in the GUI from (Hasoon2000) in his root thread. I know what some might say, in that why pay when its SO EASY to do it yourself, well I just don't feel like messing with all the steps required, (got used to the one click JB methods on the iDevices) and have the money to pay to do it :-). So with that said, I certainly trust the elders here, and would like your input on whether you think this company is legitimate.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Chris

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: RootAndroid.Com?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisxpierce View Post
    Was looking at this website, as provided in the GUI from (Hasoon2000) in his root thread. I know what some might say, in that why pay when its SO EASY to do it yourself, well I just don't feel like messing with all the steps required, (got used to the one click JB methods on the iDevices) and have the money to pay to do it :-). So with that said, I certainly trust the elders here, and would like your input on whether you think this company is legitimate.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Chris
    Many people, myself included, think it is much better to root the device yourself, and not using any app or one click method. It exposes you to how your phone can really work, you know exactly what changes are being made, and there is always the satisfaction of getting it done yourself.

I suggest to look at how to root, how to unroot, and common fixes for bootloops. It will help you be more self sufficient, and who knows, you may be able to help someone else in the future?

I almost did the same thing when I wanted to root my S2. Instead, I studied up on everything I could find by doing it myself, I asked questions from people who had done general rooting before, and I finally took the plunge after viewing YouTube videos and taking notes. Now, I find rooting to be fairly easy, and don't mind researching a way to do so on a new device.

We are all here to help. Since rooting is fairly commonplace here, someone would be able to help you.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Thanks, its not that I don't know how to, its just that I don't want to. I was jailbreaking the iphone in the very beginning, when it took about 1.5 hours to do; so its not that I'm afraid to, like I said, its just that I don't feel like going through the aggravation of something going wrong and me blowing a gasket because I have to restart the process, (low on patience these days :-D)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use rootandroid.com, just want to see if anyone else here did it, and how the experience left their phone; and mostly, is their site trustworthy. Thanks again for your input, its much appreciated. I'm sure I'll eventually take the plunge and do it myself, but for now, I'm looking for the "easy" button LOL!!

Thanks, its not that I don't know how to, its just that I don't want to. I was jailbreaking the iphone in the very beginning, when it took about 1.5 hours to do; so its not that I'm afraid to, like I said, its just that I don't feel like going through the aggravation of something going wrong and me blowing a gasket because I have to restart the process, (low on patience these days :-D)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use rootandroid.com, just want to see if anyone else here did it, and how the experience left their phone; and mostly, is their site trustworthy. Thanks again for your input, its much appreciated. I'm sure I'll eventually take the plunge and do it myself, but for now, I'm looking for the "easy" button LOL!!
    I would not trust it because nobody has confirmed that it works.

Posted via Samsung S3

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

For my s3 it took about as long to download the files as it did to root. In total less than 30 minutes.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Have you done it on a windows 8 machine? That's what I have. 64 bit. Also: I just want it rooted for the sake of battery life and to get rid of all the att bloatware!

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Have you done it on a windows 8 machine? That's what I have. 64 bit. Also: I just want it rooted for the sake of battery life and to get rid of all the att bloatware!
    Yes. Worked fine.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Ok.... I just finished unlocking the boot loader LOL What now? Basically, all I want this for is to get rid of att bloatware and have better battery life. Thanks for talking me into this... LOL

I'm currently on AT&T 4.1.2

Man, do I remember those days!
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

I'm at the "entering recovery" screen, been there for a couple of minutes.... is this normal?

HELP!! LOL

ITs been on the "entering recovery" HTC screen for several minutes now!! HELP!!

EDIT: Still stuck on "entering recovery" Been a few more minutes.
    Last edited by chrisxpierce; 09-02-2013 at 03:13 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

BUMP :-D

Is the phone just stuck and won't do anything?

Posted via Samsung S3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Whew.... I got it! Had to use an older version of TWRP, worked like a charm. I'm fully rooted, just don't know what to do now.... LOL! Thanks for making me challenge myself GolfDriver!! Felt good!!!!
    Awesome. The challenge comment made me think of a chef instructor. He told us to every now and again, get out of the comfort zone. You rarely learn anything otherwise.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline

U should install a custom ROM to get rid of the Att bloatware.

Posted via Samsung S3
    Last edited by josiahlikesminecraft; 09-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Now, my next question: Now that i'm rooted, how do I install (where to get also) the 4.2.2 rom that will replace this bloated down version of 4.1.2 from at&t?

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Now, my next question: Now that i'm rooted, how do I install (where to get also) the 4.2.2 rom that will replace this bloated down version of 4.1.2 from at&t?
    Xda has a good selection. Just search by device and carrier.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Xda has a good selection. Just search by device and carrier.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Done....I feel like a king now! lol I installed the Android Revolution HD. Loving the AT&T Bloatware Free Version! Thanks for all your help!

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Done....I feel like a king now! lol I installed the Android Revolution HD. Loving the AT&T Bloatware Free Version! Thanks for all your help!
    No sweat. I would take a step back, review what you did, and look into getting basic files ready in case you need to go back to stock.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Banned

Will do

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

U should also try CyanogenMod.

Posted via Samsung S3

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

TWRP version 2.5.0.2 is most stable at the moment. 2.6.0.0 as well as 2.6.1.0 are known to hang at the splash screen.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by wtom; 09-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Unlocked I337M stock rom, MDJ, rooted - on Telus wireless network
    Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 (SDSDQUA-064G-U46A) exFAT since July 22, 2013
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

I installed TWRP 2.6.1.0 and it works well on my One. This weekend I changed my MID and CID to get the official stock 4.2.2 OTA so I installed TWRP, rooted the phone and then flash a European RUU to get the official OTAs.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Banned

2.5.0.2 is the one I ended up using

Global Posts
    20,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

2.5.0.2 is the one I ended up using

So now that you have had a few hours...how are you liking the whole new breed of custom?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast