Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By verdana
  • 2 Post By Lindsey Kiang
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One repair

Has anyone here try to bring their phone to their local HTC repair center? How was it? I am going to bring my phone to repair because of the purple tint on my camera during low light

Posted via Android Central App
    Casey Profita likes this.

Default Re: HTC One repair

Don't know anything about a "local" repair center. But a few weeks ago I sent my HTC One back to the main repair center in Houston. My camera wouldn't focus correctly. I received it back less than 2 weeks after I sent it to them. Responsive customer service person that I called to check on status. Helpful web site to find out when they received my phone, and when it was released for shipment back to me. Good tracking via FedEx. My problem with the focus was fixed. My only "negative" comment (and it's not really negative) was that there was no note or anything that explained to me what exactly they did to fix the problem. But the problem was fixed, and I'm very satisfied.
    Topgonzo and Casey Profita like this.

I broke my HTC One after getting out of the car. I always forget it in my lap, but this time I didn't catch it and with my luck it hit flat on his face. I think I sat in my car for thirty seconds saying a quick prayer to the HTC gods. No luck, broken.

There was a local place in Minneapolis that offered it. I had no insurance, but they did it for $249. Fair price since they had to replace the aluminum back housing too. Looks good. No complaints. From their newsletter I now receive, looks like they have a mail-in program, so anyone not local to Minneapolis can use that.

Just hope I don't break it again

Is that an HTC repair center, or an independent repair shop?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I got my phone at the end of May and noticed it was starting to freeze/lag when doing almost anything, but especially when using Zoe. In early August I decided to do a factory reset and the phone died on me and wouldn't come back to life.

I took it back to Rogers who sipped it to HTC...2.5 weeks later they gave it back, and said they replaced the motherboard and battery. Since then no issues with speed.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by verdana View Post
    Has anyone here try to bring their phone to their local HTC repair center? How was it? I am going to bring my phone to repair because of the purple tint on my camera during low light

Have you sent it back yet? My phone has the same issue but I've read a few places that said it can be fixed via software update which HTC is currently developing.

Don't send it in. It will be fixed with the next software update. Probably along with android 4.3

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I have read about the fix included on the 4.3 update so I decided to wait for it. To be honest, I don't trust the repair center here in our country, and I will have to wait for weeks just for the parts to arrive

Yes I cracked my phone tonight. Do yu have a number to the place yu sent it too or an email. Thanks.