Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland/Rust

I'm wondering if the black or blue does this as well? I put in a call to them, but I haven't heard back yet. I love this case in white but would swap to one of the darker cases if the problem wasn't an issue with them.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    I began using UAG cases with my Note 2, as the flat sides made it way easier to hang onto. I'll testify as to the quality of the case. If I wasn't hellbent on using my phone without a case, I'd be using a UAG case for sure.
    As to those photos, that would certainly be annoying to have that happen all the time on every photo. In the ones you took, though, they look pretty cool. You got a filter better than any other I've seen!
    It does happen on all photos, unless you take one of close objects. I don't mind it as I almost despite flash photos. I laughed at your filter comment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pbtxit View Post
    ajua,
    I have this case and it fits very tightly on the phone, so tight that it seem like it will be very difficult to remove. I am concerned that I might damage the case removing it. Have you had any problems removing it?

Also if you don't mind me asking, what launcher and icons are you using?
    I only have remove it once and it's very tight. Most of this single-piece cases are very fit. I don't think it should be a concern unless you change cases every day.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    I'm wondering if the black or blue does this as well? I put in a call to them, but I haven't heard back yet. I love this case in white but would swap to one of the darker cases if the problem wasn't an issue with them.
    I haven't has the time to contact them yet so if you heard back from them, let us know. So far, it is confirmed that the white and orange cases has this issue. I think it's almost safe to say that the other two colors will have it too but better confirm with UAG just in case.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Also if you don't mind me asking, what launcher and icons are you using?
    It's Nova Prime and the icons are Click UI

Hello all. I just wanted to share with you all that I put in a call to UAG and also put in a warranty replacement request on their site two days ago. I have not heard back, but I did share the info that I myself have gathered within this thread and from personal experience. Today I got an email from UAG starting with this:

"Dear Neil,

We want to offer you another chance at the UAG HTC One Solutions. Please order the Scout or Aero this time you do not need to return your case.
    Our warranty policy insures that your case is free from any defects.
    The following are simple instructions for ordering your warranty replacement from UAG."

Then it followed with a code and instructions on what to do. I do not have to send back my white case and I do not have to give any credit card information. I have searched around other forums and have seen complaints of the white and orange cases causing the flash problem and have seen people with the Aero or Scout reply saying that they do not have this issue. I guess time will tell. I ordered the Aero and am hoping for the best. I will update when I get the case. I love the look of the white on my phone, but the Aero would have been my second choice. I think this is pretty good customer service by UAG, and am happy with how they have handled this thus far. If you have the orange or white I encourage you to do the same thing I did and see if one of the darker colors does the trick for this issue.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I have the orange one and didn't know about this issue until reading this thread. I don't take many pictures, but now I have tried it and it is definitely a real issue. I wonder since the darker cases do not have this issue if you could just use a permanent marker and color the area surrounding the flash and camera. Do you think that would help? I really like the orange case and may try to do that if it would alleviate the issue. Has anyone already tried that yet?
    jeverts likes this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I have the orange one and didn't know about this issue until reading this thread. I don't take many pictures, but now I have tried it and it is definitely a real issue. I wonder since the darker cases do not have this issue if you could just use a permanent marker and color the area surrounding the flash and camera. Do you think that would help? I really like the orange case and may try to do that if it would alleviate the issue. Has anyone already tried that yet?
    Matte black paint would be better than a marker. Markers could produce a shine which would amplify, rather than nullify the halos.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Hello all. I just wanted to share with you all that I put in a call to UAG and also put in a warranty replacement request on their site two days ago. I have not heard back, but I did share the info that I myself have gathered within this thread and from personal experience. Today I got an email from UAG starting with this:

"Dear Neil,

We want to offer you another chance at the UAG HTC One Solutions. Please order the Scout or Aero this time you do not need to return your case.
    Our warranty policy insures that your case is free from any defects.
    The following are simple instructions for ordering your warranty replacement from UAG."

Then it followed with a code and instructions on what to do. I do not have to send back my white case and I do not have to give any credit card information. I have searched around other forums and have seen complaints of the white and orange cases causing the flash problem and have seen people with the Aero or Scout reply saying that they do not have this issue. I guess time will tell. I ordered the Aero and am hoping for the best. I will update when I get the case. I love the look of the white on my phone, but the Aero would have been my second choice. I think this is pretty good customer service by UAG, and am happy with how they have handled this thus far. If you have the orange or white I encourage you to do the same thing I did and see if one of the darker colors does the trick for this issue.
    Thanks for posting their reply. I just made a warranty reclaim on their site and I hope they reach me back soon. I'll update this post when I hear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Thanks for posting their reply. I just made a warranty reclaim on their site and I hope they reach me back soon. I'll update this post when I hear from them.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the link to make a claim? I can't find one on their website. :\

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarROB View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the link to make a claim? I can't find one on their website. :\
    On the uag website. I think it was the contact us section.

http://blog.urbanarmorgear.com/connect-with-uag/
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

On the uag website. I think it was the contact us section.
    Customer Support | Urban Armor Gear
    Don't forget to test the Scout with the flash on and post pictures when you get it!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Their customer service is awesome. You'll certainly get taken care of.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

I just received a reply from UAG. They offered me an exchange recommending the Aero (Black) or Scout (Dark Blue) but I would need to return the Outland. The cost of shipping the case to them from Mexico is way too expensive. It would cost me the same to buy a new one and keep the Outland.

On my reply I let them know this situation and I hope they can consider a discount when buying a new one or sending a replacement without the need to return the one I bought.

I just received a reply from UAG. They offered me an exchange recommending the Aero (Black) or Scout (Dark Blue) but I would need to return the Outland. The cost of shipping the case to them from Mexico is way too expensive. It would cost me the same to buy a new one and keep the Outland.

On my reply I let them know this situation and I hope they can consider a discount when buying a new one or sending a replacement without the need to return the one I bought.
    Did you get yours from Amazon?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Did you get yours from Amazon?
    Yes, I got it from Amazon.

Yes, I got it from Amazon.
    Wow, I wonder why they are having you send yours back.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Wow, I wonder why they are having you send yours back.

I don't know. It wouldn't be a problem if the shipping was cheap but sadly it's not.

I'll wait for their reply.

My new case will be here today. I will test out the flash issue and report results a little later today.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

My new case will be here today. I will test out the flash issue and report results a little later today.
    Excellent. Don't forget to take photos of the case itself!

Excellent. Don't forget to take photos of the case itself!
    Here is the one photo I have of the case so far. Will post more. I really like the color. Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379119950423.jpg

Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379120581515.jpg Here is another.

Thanked by:
    ajua 
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Here is the one photo I have of the case so far. Will post more. I really like the color.
    It looks great. I've only seen that case color in a video but the quality was poor and was shot in low light.

I look forward for more photos of it out of the box and with the phone in it. Thanks!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Here is another.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1379120581515.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	81289
    The color tone look awesome. I was torn between the Outland and the Scout but went with the former for a more colorful tone. I may decide to purchase the Scout but not until UAG resolves my reclamation.

Test the flash when you have the time.

I've taken pics with my new case, and I'm happy to report the "halo effect" is not present.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379134462856.jpg   Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379134484501.jpg   Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379134498649.jpg   Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379134515972.jpg   Case Review: Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero-1379134528449.jpg  

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

That's good news! I'll update my review with that confirmation.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast